Chapter Seven

Family Night

Kenna's POV

"Are you girls ready?" I ask walking into Josie and Lizzie's room seeing them both and Emery laying on Josie's bed.

"Josie and I have been ready for the last 20 minutes but Lizzie is taking forever!" Emery says not looking up.

"Sorry I like to look presentable at all times," Lizzie says finishing up her hair.

"We're just going to the grill then home!" Emery says rolling off the bed.

Alaric and I bought a big house near the school for whenever the kids don't want to stay at the school or for us to stay in during vacation times.

"Alright, quit whining I'm ready!" Lizzie says smiling at me.

"You all look beautiful, now let's get going." I say pushing them out of the room.

We all head to the grill and get one of the bigger tables so everyone can fit. It's Alaric and I next to each other with Lizzie next to him then Josie then Alec, Jace, then Emery next to me.

We were enjoying our food while laughing and talking together when suddenly I felt Em go stiff next to me.

I look to her and see that she's staring at the door, where the one and only Mikaelson family was standing.

Klaus walks over to us and I look to Jace and see him already looking angry, probably because of how nice our evening was going and Klaus was about to ruin it.

"Well aren't you all just a happy bunch." He says while staring down Alaric who made sure to grab my hand for support.

"Hello, is there something you all need? If not, I think it's better you all step away." I say with a colder voice not wanting Klaus to ruin my family night.

"We're sorry to bother you all, you seem occupied." Elijah says trying to be polite without causing a scene, thankfully the grill is pretty empty tonight.

"Well you are interrupting our family night, so if you all could leave and never come back that would be appreciated." Emery says glaring at Klaus and Hayley.

"Who do you think your speaking too?" Klaus says getting upset.

"A cheating bastard, a sperm donor, a sociopathic killer, shall I go on?" Jace says.

Klaus looks hurt but I could see the confusion on his face.

"Jace, Em! Please." I say begging them to stop.

"Sperm donor?" Rebekah asks.

Klaus just stares at me then looks to Jace and Emery before having a look of realization. "They can't be..." he says.

I close my eyes and groan realizing that he now knows.

"Can't what, dad?" Hope asks him while the rest of his family except Kol look confused.

"Are you all really that clueless? Bloody hell I really am the only smart one in the family." Kol says.

"What are you trying to say, brother?" Elijah asks.

"Well if it wasn't obvious by the damn similarities, what Kol here is trying to say is that he's the only one that noticed the similarities between Jace, Emery, and Klaus." Lizzie says getting bored of the confusion.

They finally realize what she means and they all look shocked especially Klaus and Hope, Klaus finally speaks while looking to me.

"Are they mine?" He asks.

"Biologically they are." I respond, squeezing Ric's hand for support.

"How could you keep this from me?" He asks.

I feel the anger rise and stand up making my family react and stand with me.

"Excuse me! Maybe because you were busy doing, oh I don't know cheating on me, Niklaus!" I say.

"I deserved to know! To be able to know them." He says.

"No! You didn't deserve anything! You chose to leave and not return and from then I got to choose what was best for them!" I say to him.

"They are my children, I deserve to know them." He says.

"No! We know who our family is, we already have a father, one that means more to us than you would have ever!" Emery says.

Klaus looks hurt at this and glares more intently at Ric, he starts to charge at him but Jace uses his powers and throws him across the room.

"Don't you come near my dad! If you even dare touch him or any other members of my family I will end you!" Jace says angrily with Alec right next to him both of them standing in front of the rest of us.

I don't miss the really hurt face that Klaus has most likely because of how Jace called Ric dad.

I look to Elijah and Kol and they right away understand what I was trying to silently beg them.

They go to Klaus and get him up and start to push him to the door where the rest of the family is heading out.

"This isn't over." He says before giving me a longing look while all the kids glare at him.

Once we finally get home and get to relax we're all sitting in the living room and I ask the twins, "are you guys ok?"

"Yeah mom, we're ok, it's just going to be different now that he knows." Emery says.

"How? You guys don't want to know him, do you?" Lizzie says.

"Definitely not!" Jace says.

"It'll be different because now he knows and probably won't stop till he gets what he wants." Emery says grabbing hold of Jaces hand to keep him calm.

"Which is you guys and mom back.." Josie says. The kids look to me waiting for me to speak.

"It doesn't matter what he wants or whatever he does, you, my children are what matters to me and I could never forgive him." I say to them.

"You've got that right mom, and I've got 50 bucks on you and dad so please don't let me down." Lizzie says, Emery, nodding along.

The kids laugh while Alaric and I just look confused, what does she mean she has money on us.

"Could we just forget about him and continue with our family night?" Alec says.

"Of course baby! You and Jace get the snacks, Josie and Lizzie get the blankets and Emery it's your turn to pick the movie." I command the kids while they rush to get the stuff and I pass the control to Em.

"Are you ok?" Alaric asks bringing me into a side hug since we were on the couch.

"I will be, I don't really like that he knows, but it was going to come out eventually." I say looking at him.

"I'm always here, remember I love you Ken and so do the kids." He says. "Thanks Ric." I say laying my head on his shoulder as Josie and Lizzie bring the blankets into the room.

We spent the rest of the night watching movies on Netflix all of us cuddled up together, not worrying about whatever tomorrow's problems could be, just enjoying the time we have.