Chapter Twenty Three

Kenna's POV

I'm sitting in the office smiling remembering Ric and I's first date last night, thinking it could not have been more perfect. We had so much fun and it felt like it was never going to end, but sadly it had since today was just a regular school day.

"Hey mom," my thoughts get interrupted by Alec coming in.

"Hey, baby, what's up?"

"Oh nothing, you know just wanted to talk, how are you feeling today?" he asks me. I can right away tell something up.

"Alright, it's either you and your brother did something again or you're here to spy, which one is it?" I say.

"Wow, do you think that low of me mother, I can't just come in here and talk to my mother about how she's feeling?" I give him the mom look and see him cracking.

"Alright fine, it's the second one, the girls sent me in here to find out what happened on your date last night," he says pouting while I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"Their outside that door listening aren't they?" I say knowing my children.

"Yeah..." he says giving me a small smile.

"Get in here girls, you've been caught," I say as the girls walk in with Lizzie and Emery glaring at Alec.

"You had one job, bro," Emery says.

"It's mom, she sees right through us, every-time," he says shrugging.

"That's true, remember when she caught us sneaking out that one time," Lizzie says.

"No she caught you two and you guys dragged me down with you," Emery says.

"Well sorry sister but if we go down your going as well, that's how it works," Lizzie says smirking.

"Alright, no fighting, now girls if you wanted to know how your father and I's date last night went, you could have just asked."

"I told you, guys," Josie says as they look at me excitedly and Alec tries to slowly sneak out of the room.

"Ok, then tell us everything!" Lizzie says as
I chuckle.

Jace's POV

"So how did it go?" I ask Alec as he walks towards the table I'm at.

"Ok I guess, I got caught of course, but she said if they just asked she would tell them." He says as I laugh.

"Of course you got caught, it's mom, she's got like mom powers or something, she always knows when we're up to something," I say.

"True, what are you doing?"

"I'm pretending to study in case dad was around, he's been walking around with a big smile, it's kinda weird," I say as Alec laughs.

"He's happy, let him enjoy it,"

"Yeah, I know and I'm happy mom and dad are finally happy together, it took them long enough,"

"You got that right, brother,"

"Hey, sorry to bother you guys, do you mind if I sit here? I can't seem to find your sisters," Hope says not really looking us in the eyes.

"Sure, the girls are with my mom interrogating her about her date with my dad last night," I answer as Hope smiles at me.

"Aww that's sweet, my mom never tells me about her dates," she says as we look to her confused.

"Oh not with my dad, with my Uncle Elijah, they are kinda together..." she says.

"Your mom is with your uncle? That's got to be weird," Alec says.

"Not really, they've been together since I was a baby so I kinda just got used to it," Alec and I just nod as she blushes a little.

"Sorry if I'm oversharing, I babble a little when I'm nervous,"

"Your good, so how was the full moon," I ask.

"It went good, I didn't actually want to transition this time so I just spent it sitting outside,"

"Why didn't you want to turn?" Alec asks as I look at her curiously.

"Oh mom and dad we're busy and this place is still new I didn't want to roam it alone,"

"Next full moon you should turn here, the wolves that have more control and Alec and I turn on a clearing, it's pretty nice," I say as she smiles.

"Yeah I'd like that, does Emery change as well?"

"No, she hasn't triggered the curse yet, and hopefully never will," I say as Hope nods.

"Oh, I just assumed, sorry,"

"No problem, really," Alec says as we continue making small talk.

I may not like our biological father and what he did to mom with her mom, but I can't take it out on her. She's nicer than I thought she would be, maybe she isn't so bad.

Klaus' POV

I'm still thinking about how to win back Kenna, if she fell back in love with me maybe it'll be greater than what she feels for Alaric.

"Hey, dad," Hope says walking into the room.

"Hi, love, how was school?"

"It was great! Jace and Alec talked to me today, we had a full conversation, I think they're finally warming up to me,"

"That's great, love,"

"Dad, I know you and I want to ask you something."

"What is it, littlest wolf."

"Dad, can you please stop what your planning, I know you say you love Ms. Forbes but maybe it's time to let her go,"

"Love, once she remembers how much I meant to her, she will come back, and you will get to have siblings,"

"They don't want to be my siblings, at least they're my friends, dad please."

"I don't expect you to understand, you're far too young, but this is something that needs to be done, for our family," I say as I walk out of the room.