Chapter Thirty Eight

3rd POV

"So how does it feel having Hope around the school, with that constant reminder?" Hayley asks towards Kenna and the older twins as the Mikaelson's freeze and Saltzman's start to glare towards Hayley and to her surprise Kenna just chuckles at her question.

"Oh Hayley, I was wondering when your true colors would show." Kenna chuckles as the Mikealson's just look back and forth between Kenna and Hayley wondering what to do. This is the woman they've come to trust and love and Kenna being someone they've always loved and would trust with their lives, someone the new additions have come to respect and love the light that she has.

"It's just a question, how does it feel seeing Hope walking around the school you built for your children that didn't grow up with their father because he was busy raising Hope." Hayley smirks as Hope gasps at her mother. She can't help but wonder if the whole reason she was even at the school was because Hayley wanted Kenna to see her and have it hurt her.

"They have a father, one that loves them and cherishes them. Hayley if I was you I'd be careful with what you say, you real skin is showing." Kol says as Hayley glares.

"Yeah, wouldn't want your precious family to see the real bitch behind the mask." Lizzie says as Hayley scoffs.

"Listen here blondie-"

"Don't talk to my sister like that, whore." Emery cuts in glaring at Hayley trying to keep her powers under control.

"Look you and your bastard broth-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Kenna and Ric yell both standing up glaring at Hayley.

"I've had enough, Hayley you are prohibited to come anywhere near my family or the school. Lets go." Kenna says as her family stands along with Kol and Davina.

"Wait, don't go, I don't-" Klaus says finally getting over the shock along with his family.

"No, Klaus, I think you've all chosen your side." Kenna says getting ready to leave.

"Wait, I'm sure she didn't mean what she was saying, right Hayley?" Elijah says not wanting to believe the woman he has come to love hates the woman that he had come to love as a sister.

"I meant every word, now leave." Hayley says.

"No don't leave, why do you hate her so much? What did she ever do to you? She should hate you, you were in the wrong all those years ago and she has no hate towards you, so why?" Hope finally breaks with some tears in her eyes.

"Because she's Kenna! She gets everything she wants handed to her just because what, she's pretty? Came from a good family? She got the most powerful family and creature to love her and accept her and I wanted to take that away from her and I did! I won! She didn't! She had to raise her kids without a father because I made that happen! I wanted her to feel heartbroken and lost and alone like me! Everyone loved her and would do anything for her, Tyler, Caroline, the Salvatores and the Mikealson's! So I took them from her because I could." Hayley finally breaks letting out her anger as the Mikaelson's look to her shocked not knowing the woman standing before them.

They're disappointed to hear the the woman they took in and considered family just wanted to get near them because of her jealously towards someone who was important to them. Rebekah and Elijah upset that they lost a sister because of Hayleys hate and Klaus saddened that he lost the love of his life, but conflicted because Hayley gave him Hope, his daughter, his heir.

"I worked for everything I have and continue to everyday, nothing was handed to me! But thank you, Hayley, really." Kenna says to everyones surprise.

"Excuse me?" Hayley says having expected her to blow up.

"You just let out all your hate and I see why you hate me so much but Hayley I hope you know that all of that is something you could have had with just being our friend and that you did have here with the Mikealson's but just ruined by the look on their faces. Thank you for showing who you really are, but you never hurt me. Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah did and because of them I have my family that I love and the man that I love." Kenna says as she stands proudly with her family

"Kenna, I'm so sorry." Klaus says not knowing what to say.

"It's time to choose. You either stand with the whore or us, you stand with her we don't want you anywhere near us." Jace says standing along with his parents and siblings.

Kol and Davina were already standing with Kenna and her family so Kol takes Emerys hand in his to indicate their choice of sticking with the family.

"We stand with you." Rebekah says as she takes Marcels hand along with Freya and Keelin that nod walking to them disappointed in Hayley. The family waits with Rebekah and Freya looking to their brother waiting for him to come along.

"I think Klaus made his decisions already." Kenna says as she looks to him who was still looking between the two woman and holding his daughter.

"What do you mean?" Hope asks looking at her father.

"He didn't stop her from calling them the one thing he promised himself he would never let his children hear, bastards. The one name he's hated his entire life, he let her call them, he sat there as she called them names. He said nothing." Kenna says shaking her head.

"Elijah, take care of your brother." Kenna says as Elijah smiles at her knowing she understood why he couldn't go to her side, not because of Hayley but because Klaus would need someone by him.

"Wait, you said that you won, was I just your win? Was having me and trapping dad your win?!" Hope asks looking towards her mother with tears in her eyes.

"Hope, it's more complicated than that." Hayley says trying to keep grasp on her daughter.

"No, I'm done with this." Hope says tired of the hatred her mother has for the people that have made her feel accepted and normal over the past months.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hayley asks afraid.

"I'm tired of the drama, I'm done with your hatred mom, just please stop." Hope says as Hayley sighs but continues to glare towards Kenna internally blaming her for the fight and scene happening.

"We should go." Kenna says to her family as she, Ric, their kids along with Kol and Davina start to leave the house together. Kenna not wanting to stand around and wait for Hayley to blow up and not wanting to put Hope or her kids through more of a scene.

"Oh wait, I forgot something." Emery says turning around to face Hayley and uses her powers to once again give her aneurysms.

"I'll help." Lizzie says smiling walking over siphoning magic from Jace before using her powers to make Hayley fly back to the wall as Jace uses his powers to take away any air around her, slowly suffocating her.

The Mikaelson's just stare this time not upset with what the kids are doing but instead understanding why they are upset. Even Hope just stares at her mother with tears in her eyes realizing that maybe it wasn't complicated, her mother used her father and her to trap the family. To get back at Kenna, for something that she couldn't control. She was confused on how she could have so much hate for someone like Kenna.

"Alright guys, come on." Josie says wanting to leave the house as her siblings nod letting Hayley go with once again snapping her neck and letting her drop to the ground.

"I'm sorry for the mess, we'll be going now." Kenna says as Ric puts his arm around her bringing her into his side as they walk out.