Chapter Ten

"I've got food out of the way!!" I hear Ric yelling in the hallway before walking into the office with plates of food and two blood bags.

"You're my savior!" I say grabbing a plate and already starting to eat before he can even put his plate down. He laughs as he starts to eat.

"How are you feeling today?" He asks.

"Better, it's been a good morning and I'm just hoping it stays a good day, there's been too much drama going on."

"I agree, but not surprised, where there is a Mikaelson there is drama."

"You're right there." I say as we laugh.

We continued to eat our lunch talking about what we had to do that day and the kids and how the older twins and Alec still haven't turned in their papers.

"Looks like your going to have to give them the talk again." I say to Ric. He looks to me confused.

"Oh yeah, I told them that if they didn't turn in their papers you would have to give them the talk again like the first time." I say as we laugh remembering their horrified faces.

"Yeah, I guess 11 was too young of an age." He says as I nod.

"Well, you live and you learn." I say.

"What do you think about what the twins said about not wanting to get to know Klaus."

"I think they're stubborn, but they're old enough to know what they want and I do believe that getting to know him will only bring them pain. The thing is that Klaus is also stubborn, he won't take no for an answer." I say.

"Yeah, looks like we're going to have to get used to the fact that he's going to be around a lot more." Ric says as I nod not liking it.

Emery's POV

I'm sitting at our usual table for lunch waiting on Josie and Lizzie to get here to be able to talk to someone other than my brothers. Don't get me wrong I love them but after spending all my morning classes with them I could use some girl talk.

I finally see them coming out of the kitchen with their food, once they get to the table I say, "finally! I couldn't take hearing these two talk anymore."

The twins laugh at my comment while the boys just glare at me making me chuckle.

"Sorry, baby sister but your stuck with us." Jace says making me smile. "You know I love you boys but I need some girl talk every now and then." I say as they just smile and nod.

"How was your morning, girls?" I ask.

"Terrible, we have your wanna be sister in almost every class! I hate having to see her face." Lizzie says, I want to agree but I know it wouldn't be right.

"Lizzie we can't be mean, mom and dad didn't raise us to be hateful, just because her parents wronged mom doesn't mean we have to take it out on her."

"Why are you always right?"

"Because she's the older and wiser sister." Josie says smiling at me.

"I know your right, but it's hard not to, I start thinking about mom and how hard it must be for her to have to see her everyday and re-live the pain." Lizzie says.

"We understand that Lizzie, but mom wouldn't want us to make her life miserable because of what her parents did, we don't have to like her but we can't torture her." Alec says, everyone agrees and continues on eating as we change the subject of the conversation.

Just as we're talking about the twins 16th birthday coming up, Hope walls up to the table with her food.

"Hi, could I sit with you guys?" She asks.

We grimace but remember what our mother would want us to do. "Sure, no problem." Josie says giving her a small smile.

"I couldn't help but hear about your birthday coming up, are you having a party?" She asks trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, we've been planning it for a while, it's next week, you should come." Josie says trying to include her.

"Josie!" Lizzie says while glaring at Hope who smiled at Josie for the invitation.

"Lizzie, calm down its ok, you should definitely come Hope, the whole schools going, you shouldn't be excluded." Emery says grabbing Lizzies hand underneath the table to keep her calm.

"Thank you, I've never really been able to experience a normal birthday party." Hope says.

"No problem. You'll love it." Josie says smiling at Hope. "So how are your classes?"

"They're really interesting, it's a nice change."

"That's good." I say trying to be nice.

"Yeah, I'm just happy to be able to meet other tribrids, you know?" She says making Jace smirk.

"We're not tribrids." Jace says with me nodding.

"What do you mean? Are you just hybrids?" Hope asks looking confused.

"We're not just three species." I say

"We're four, making us the most powerful beings alive." Jace says smirking. Hope looks shocked and confused on how we could be four different species.

I could tell she was about to ask us how, but thankfully lunch was over. "We should get going, we have class." I say as my siblings and I stand up to throw our stuff and head to class.

While walking away with my brothers I turn to see Jace still smirking at the fact that we're both more powerful than Hope. "Stop it, no gloating." I say but he just smiles a little at me.

"I can't help it, she probably grew up hearing she was the apex creature, when really we are." Jace says putting his arm around my shoulders. I smile at him a little bit but then turn to Alec, "his head just got bigger didn't it?" I say as Alec starts laughing.

"Yeah, and that's cause I didn't think it could get any bigger." He says as we both laugh and Jace just glares at us.

"Whatever, you guys are just jealous."

"Of what? We're the same and Alec is a hybrid." I say as he just pretends not to hear. Alec and I just laugh at his behavior before walking into class together.