Chapter Fifteen

Kenna's POV
(The girls and kids in the kitchen while Damon and Ric are upstairs.)

"What was that I heard! You and Ric aren't together yet?!" Caroline says.

"I know, Auntie Care! They both can't take a hint." Lizzie says next to her as I glare at them both.

"It's not like that, we're just best friends." I say.

"Oh please, I could tell by just the way you were standing next to him that you love him, and let me tell you, he loves you." Bonnie says with a smirk.

"Guys, even if I did love Ric, he's still in love with Jo and he always will be." I say.

"That's where your wrong, mom. Dad loves you, you guys literally can never be apart, your always laughing together and you always have the biggest smile when you see him." Emery says with the rest of the kids nodding.

"Guys, I don't know, I do love him but what if everything goes wrong? What if Klaus gets in the way?" I say worried for Ric's safety.

"How would he get in the way? You don't still have feeling for him do you?" Elena asks.

"No! Definitely no, he could be a problem, well because he's here." I say quietly.

"WHAT??" The girls yell.

"Yeah, he moved back with his whole family, Hayley and his daughter, Hope. She now attends the school." I explain.

"Oh wow! Does he know about the twins?!" Care asks with a worried look.

"Yeah, he knows and we decided we want nothing to do with him, Ric is our father." Jace says.

"How'd he take that?" Bonnie says knowing his character.

"Not too well, but he hasn't bothered us in a while so I'm taking that as a good sign." I say, even though I am a little worried if he's planning something.

"What's a good sign?" Damon says as he and Alaric walk into the kitchen.

"Oh nothing, just that nothing was broken today while setting up." Lizzie hurry's to cover our conversation.

"Hmm, that's good munchkin." Damon says messing up her hair as she just pushes his hand away and glares at him as she fixes her hair.

"So I heard the big bad hybrids in town, hows that going?" He asks.

"Well his daughter is now enrolled at the school, he knows about the twins, they have decided that they don't want to get to know him, he was upset about it but hasn't bothered us for a bit so that's good." I give him the shortened version.

"Wow, looks like the drama hasn't slowed down for Mystic Falls." Elena says.

"Oh no, I don't think that's possible." Ric says coming to stand next to me. I smile at him then look to see everyone smirking at us and I just glare at them.

"Alright, tomorrows a busy day, everyone should get some rest, Ric, the kids and I will be heading back to school and you guys can meet us there tomorrow." I say while pulling the kids and Ric out of the house and away from the smirks.