Chapter Eight

The Next Day

I wake up to the sunlight coming in through the window, I turn and see Ric still sleeping so of course, I have to scare him. I slowly get out of his arms and get up to stand on the bed, I then start jumping on the bed while screaming.

Ric, of course, starts to freak out, "WHAT HAPPENED WHERES THE SPIDER?!" He says while I start to laugh.

"There's no spider this time I just wanted to wake you up," I say sitting on the bed.

"You couldn't wake me up like a normal person?" He asks shoving his face into his pillow.

"What's the fun in being normal?" I say reaching for my phone.

I then realized the time! We had 20 minutes before we had to be at school. "OH NO! We're late!! Get up!" I say rushing to the closet to get some clothes.

Ric jumps out of bed and we start getting ready quickly, we're both brushing our teeth while Ric is buttoning his shirt and I'm trying to comb my hair when I look towards him wide-eyed realizing something.

"What?" He asks. "We haven't woken up the kids!" I say spitting out the toothpaste.

"Oh shit, we're so gonna be late." He says grabbing his pants and rushing out of the bathroom. I rush after him as we start yelling down the hallway "WAKE THE HELL UP!"

"Everyone Has Ten Minutes To Get Ready!!" I yell as we head to the kitchen. We walk in and are surprised to see all 5 of our children already ready and eating breakfast.

"Good morning sleepyheads," Emery says.

"How?" Ric asks. "Well, we actually woke up to our alarms," Lizzie says laughing at how we look.

"Why don't you guys go finish getting ready and we'll wait for you here," Josie says. I nod while leaving the kitchen and turn to see Ric, we both start laughing before going to finish getting ready.

Once we finally look presentable we all get into the car and head for school. "You guys looked hilarious," Alec says handing Lizzie her phone.

"Oh no, Elizabeth! That better not be a picture of us." I say.

"Of course it is, how could I not take a picture." She says while the kids laugh.

"I swear, you will all be the death of me. Why did no one wake us?" I ask.

"You guys looked too adorable, we couldn't mess that up," Josie says. I just roll my eyes and laugh.

Once we got to the school we all rush out of the car since we're 10 minutes late, "ok all of you get to your classes and please don't show anyone the picture!" I say as the kids laugh and give Ric and I kisses before heading inside.

"Well, that was a hectic morning," Ric says as he and I walk into the school.

"Yeah, next time we should stop at the 5th movie," I say laughing.

He laughs and puts his arm around my shoulders as we head for our office, once we get there we're surprised to see the Mikaelsons waiting outside. He slides his arm off to unlock the office doors but I don't miss the look Klaus gave him.

"Oh right! Today's Hope's first day." I say remembering she had to get her schedule.

I look to Hope, "I'm so sorry, we're late, we had a late night last night." I say as Kol chuckles and Klaus looks like he wants to murder someone as Rebekah smirks.

I then realize how that sounded. "Wait No! Not like that, oh gosh, why don't we just head in." I say as Kol starts fully laughing.

We head into the office and they sit on the couch as I go to get her schedule. "Ok, so you'll be following two different schedules with four classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the other four will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays," I say handing her the schedule. "Ok, thank you." She says.

"Before she heads out, I was just wondering if she has any classes with her siblings," Klaus says. I freeze before looking to Ric who is just as shocked as I am.

"We aren't her siblings!" I hear Jace say as he walks into the office. These kids really have a knack for showing up at the worst times. I turn to see all five of them standing there glaring at the Mikaelsons.

"She is your sister, just as much as I am your father," Klaus says which I can see is making Jace really upset, since his eyes start to change into their gold color.

Alec grabs his arm, ready to hold him back

Alec grabs his arm, ready to hold him back. "You are not our father! You are the man that broke our mother's heart, nothing else!" He says.

I stand up and go to Jace to help calm him but Klaus is really not letting it go. "I left to protect her!"

"No! You cheated and instead of fighting for her you left her alone!" Emery says now getting upset.

"Ok, let's all just calm down." I say trying to calm the situation before my kids' blow.

"Did they just tell you all the bad things I've done?" He asks looking pissed.

Jace starts to laugh "Our mother tried to protect us from the murderous hybrid, she tried to tell us just the good things but once we got older and were able to read and hear the stories about you, we realized the person you really are and have wanted nothing to do with you or your name since!" Jace says.

"Jace, please," I beg him to stop seeing how Klaus is upset and the kids look afraid of what might happen.

"Those stories mean nothing, I have changed, your mother changed me and your sister," Klaus says as his family nods behind him.

"She's not our sister," Jace says, freakishly calmer.

"Please, Your my siblings, I never thought I would need siblings till I saw your family, Jace, Emery?" Hope surprisingly speaks up as Hayley pulls her into her arms.

Jace and Emery just laugh, "we have siblings, ones that we love and care about, we don't need another." Jace says as he walks out.

I look at Alec, "sweetie, can you?"

"I've got him, mom." He says as he follows him out.

"Emery, she is your sister and like it or not I am your father I have the right to know you," Klaus says.

"I already have two amazing sisters, I don't need her and Alaric is my dad, not you." She says as Klaus just glares at Ric who is smiling at Emery.

The twins look happy to see that their big sister is sticking with them.

"This man is not your father." Klaus says upset as his family looks sad, especially Hope who is crying silently in Hayley's arms.

"He raised me along with my brother growing up! He was there to help me with anything I needed! He was at every recital, every art show, and every life achievement! He was there to pick up my mom on her bad days and make her smile. While you were the one that broke her!" Emery says.

Ric and I both rush to her and hold her while she starts to tear up.

"Girls, get her out of here." I say to the twins as they rush over before they get her out of the room she stops and turns and says, "you will never be anywhere near the father that Alaric is."

Klaus looks like he's about to cry and attack Ric as the others look so sad at the scene that just took place.