Chapter Forty-One

Emery's POV

The Salvatore School may be a boarding school but that doesn't mean that all of our students are stuffy that don't like to have a good time. We know how to have a good time when we want to.

At the moment almost the entire upperclassmen are here at the party trying to release stress before tomorrows full moon, our group is currently laughing having fun together. Jace and Alec laughing messing around with Landon and Rafael. MG is currently trying to get Lizzie to dance with her while Hope is looking at Landon with the biggest smile I have ever seen. Penelope and Josie flirting with each other which is grossly adorable.

"Alright boys, stop messing around before you hurt yourselves." I say as they chuckle.

"Come on, Em you seem stressed, here have a sip." Kaleb says coming over and handing me his drink.

"Thanks Kaleb, although I don't think a buzz will help this weird feeling I have." I say taking the drink.

"Hope, stop staring and just go talk to him!" Lizzie whisper yells to Hope from next to me.

"I can't, what if he doesn't like me?" Hope says.

"He does, with just the way he looks at you I can tell." I say.

"I don't know, I've never had a boyfriend or had any guy like me." Hope says as we look to her shocked.

"You've never had a boyfriend before?" Lizzie asks.

"Nope have you met my family." She chuckles as we agree.

"How about you guys? Any boyfriends?" She asks as the boys come over.

"Josie and Penelope have been together for a while, Lizzie is kinda with Rafael or MG, depends on her mood, and I'm single." I list off.

"You are?" She asks looking a little shocked as I chuckle.

"She doesn't do relationships, she had a friend with benefits thing with this one vampire and then a werewolf, Jed." Penelope says as I nod.

"It's not that I don't do relationships its more that I just haven't found the right guy." I say sighing.

"Don't worry sis, I know the right guy is out there for you." Josie smiles as I give her a thankful smile.

The group goes back to dancing and talking together with Lizzie trying to get Landon and Hope together. She keeps pushing them together while dancing making both of them blush.

I put down my drink still not being able to get over the feeling I have. The loud music and smell of the weed in the air giving me a headache so I head over to the edge of the woods hoping for some air.

Still hearing the music I head deeper into the woods breathing in deeply trying to get rid of my headache. Once I'm far enough that I can't hear the music I lean on a tree still breathing deeply. 

I continue to walk when I hear talking not too far ahead of me. I stop when I see a couple standing not to far ahead of me. She's a witch, I recognize her from class but the guy I don't recognize, he has to be from the high school.

"I told you that I couldn't bring you to the party, it's complicated." I hear her say as he scoffs.

"Why not?!" He yells as she flinches.

"It's only for students from the school, I can't take you, how did you even get in here?" She asks sounding afraid. He grabs her arms as she tries to pull away.

"Look I'm going one way or another! So you better put a smile on your face and take me!" He says making me angry how dare he treat her like that. I can tell she's afraid and she's probably loosing her patience of using her magic on him.