A Figure of Speech

She thought she lost him. When she left him beyond the wall. When he wanted to hold up the dead to help them to escape on Drogon. He left there. He... almost died and he had no idea what she felt when she spotted him on that horse. Nearly dead. They were already past a conversation but she had no idea how to react when he took her hands and said that she is his Queen. And how he was looking at her at those moments. She shouldn't fell in love with him. It was not right. Not in that situation, but she couldn't help her feelings.

She visited him that day again. A bit later. He was sleeping deep. She pulled up the blanket on his body, but she hesitated for a moment and her eyes stopped on his wound. The deep cut was right at his heart. Dany cautiously placed her finger on it and ran it along. She couldn't understand how he could survive that, although she knew no one else would have survived the fire when her children were born. 
"You came back" his soft voice scared her for a moment, and she pulled her hand back to her lap immediately.
"I just." she cleared her throat "I wanted to know how are you feeling." she forced an embarrassed smile. Jon was staring at her longingly. 
"I don't remember anything at all." Jon looked at his chest and answered her unasked question. She slowly raised her eyes at him. "I mean... they killed me. My brothers. The people who I trust. They just put a dagger to my heart and they stabbed me in many other places." he admitted and sighed. "But I only remember the darkness. After I died. It was dark and cold and ... lonely. I have no idea how long I was there. I never asked. I ... avoided talking about that." he swallowed.

"I noticed that," she answered with a kind smile. "You said... it was just a..."
"A figure of speech." Jon knew. "As you see it was not." he glanced at her. "But it seems the Lords or the Gods have plans with me." he shrugged. "Wish I knew what. Die in another battle against the Night King probably." Jon continued honestly.
"I won't let you die," Dany answered without hesitation and without thinking and after her words, their eyes met again. "Ahm... maybe." she cleared her throat after some moments "Maybe after you fight in your whole life they thought you deserve a future." she tried to correct herself. "A normal life. A happy life." she lowered her head. 
"Just like you," Jon whispered his words, and their eyes met again. Neither of them was brave enough to say it loud... that is what they wanted to most. With the other. To live a happy life. Together.