What If (Young Jonerys) Pt4

"It will be better." Jon turned to her. She was worried, she doesn't belong there. They almost reached the room where she should join his sisters. "The Northerners need time to accept foreign people. They don't like outsiders." He tried to smile a bit.

"Especially if that outsider is a Targaryen." She took a deep breath. That fur coat was warm but she does not feel comfortable in it.

"They don't know that. You don't have to worry." Jon leaned closer to her ear.

"Wasn't it you who mentioned that I can't even deny my ... features?" She glanced at him and raised her brow.

"I can be wrong." He shrugged his shoulders. "I am just a bastard with the name Snow. No one really cares about my opinion" he pulled a face. "And that is fine." He added quickly.

"People should respect each other. Names shouldn't affect that. You are not better or worse because of it." She felt that she can be honest with him. Around that young man, she felt calm. "It is not your fault that you were born with the name Snow whatever that means here in the North." She explained.

"And it is not your fault what your fathers did." He answered quietly and she finally looked into his eyes. A few seconds passed in silence. "You better go." Jon cleared his throat. "They don't like when someone is late." He glanced towards the door. Dany just nodded and took a small step.

"Any advice?" She glanced back at him above her shoulder. "How to not get into trouble?" She bit her lower lip.

"As I feel... it doesn't really matter what are you going to do." He frowned. "Trouble always finds our kind... in one way or another. I mean..." he did not want to hurt her with his words.

"Outsiders?" Dany raised her brow. She understood him. At least she was not alone in that feeling. Jon stepped closer.

"Just keep your mouth. Do not let them make you nervous or mad. Or at least do not show them how you really feel. Just follow the rules. Do what they say and she is going to get used to your presence." He smiled at her again.

"Will you tell me someday?" She did not want him to leave her alone. "Your story. That... what does the name Snow mean here? She cluttered and he just nodded then left her.