Chapter 1 - Digital Clock

Chapter 1 – Digital Clock

“I’m telling you that it wasn’t me. It’s up to you if you want to believe it or not.”

The man’s voice was low and husky and carried with it a strange feeling.

Bai Lang had always been unable to like it. But right now what made Bai Lang’s hands and feet feel even more cold, was the meaning behind the sound of those words.

“… if it’s not you, then who?” Bai Lang’s throat felt dry.

“You’re asking me?” Seeing Bai Lang’s tense appearance, the man’s voice carried laughter. “Shouldn’t you be asking yourself?”

Bai Lang felt as though he had been hit over the head. He took an involuntary step backwards.

The tall and imposing man in front of him bent his waist and picked up the remote control from the table.

Pa! There was a noise and a TV that took up almost half of the wall lit up.

Bai Lang’s thoughts were still sunken into a chaotic emotional state but the sound of the broadcast pierced his ears painfully.

“… In regards to Kang Jian’s earlier press conference, Asia International’s Chief Executive’s daughter, heiress Shen LingLing has also ten minutes ago updated her website to publicly confirm to all the media the news of her engagement to Kang Jian….”

Bai Lang suddenly raised his head. He stared disbelievingly at the television screen.

The screen showed a press conference. The lights and cameras flashed constantly, showing Kang Jian’s unmistakably familiar face in high definition. There was a dazzling smile on that face.

“…. She is incredibly grateful for everyone’s well wishes and also hopes that everyone will continue to support Kang Jian. Kang Jian’s road to fame has not been easy and he has shown that he is an honest and sincere person who is also warm-hearted and gentle. As for those people who have spread heinous slanders about him and Bai Lang being gay in order to suppress Kang Jian, Shen LingLing expresses deep regret. After all she has been in a relationship with Kang Jiang for two years, it’s only that they didn’t publicise until now…”

After hearing this, Bai Lang’s entire person shook.

“…. Now that these two people had decided to come together to form a family and plan a future together, they hope that those slanders will settle down. As for the date of the wedding, taking into consideration that in the coming months Kang Jian will be filming Director Guo Shan’s latest masterpiece “Mountain Rain Will Come”, she plans to have a simple wedding with Kang Jian overseas. To have the support and well-wishes of their friends and family is their greatest desire. She once again wishes to thank everyone for their support….”

The sound of the broadcast was incredibly crisp and clear. Each word was like a knife cutting into Bai Lang’s heart.

Bai Lang suddenly felt as though he couldn’t breathe. Add to it the fact that he had had trouble sleeping for a week, and the vision in front of his eyes suddenly went black. In his chest a terrible pain tore through his heart. Bai Lang unconsciously clutched his left breast, crumpling his shirt.

The man in front of his eyes looked shocked. He took a step closer. Normally Bai Lang would have backed away but this time he found he couldn’t. He could only double over painfully. In his ears the words “wedding”, “dating”, these types of words echoed repeatedly….

The pain in his chest became worse and worse. 

It was so painful cold sweat appeared on his skin, and tears fell from his eyes.