Chapter 13 - Mooncake

Chapter 13 – Mooncake

“Did you see UNI’s advertisement clip last night!?”

“Of course I saw it! I watched it so many times! I even downloaded it.” 

“After I watched it I was so so excited. How come they match so well! Putting these two people together is pure genius!”

“Yes ah! Ah Qi is so cute. Using his wooden face to act spoiled. I bet he’s like that at home too! Also Bai Lang! If my goddamn older brother could be 1% like him then I’ll be happy to death!”

“I also kept that picture they took together in the newspaper, the one where Bai Lang’s giving him the sunglasses!! Bai Lang looks so gentle and mature!! Also that picture where he’s buying groceries, how can he look so handsome even when buying groceries!!”

“Hehe I have even clearer digital versions of those. That way I won’t be scared of the paper getting torn.”

“Please let me copy it ah. I’m not as good with these things as you.”

“No problem. Then do you have time this weekend? I’m going to go shopping at UNI!”

“I’m planning to go tonight, why wait until Saturday?”

“Oh wait for me. I need to work late tonight ah.”

“Haven’t you heard? The two colors of down jackets that Bai Lang and Ah Qi are wearing are limited edition! I need to go grab it before it sells out.”

“Limited edition!” The girl gave a loud yell. “Why is it a limited edition!?”

“Because all the stores are trying to grab stock ah, so they don’t have enough. Once they sell it you can only go look for it in a different store.”

“Then, then tonight can you help me buy it. Please, I’m begging you! I want the cream colored one, size 3!”

“That’s good, I want the purple one. Okay after I buy it, on saturday we can wear it together to have tea.”

“Haha, okay okay. You definitely need to get it.”

“No problem. I’m planning to sneak out of work early.”

“You irresponsible employee, I’m going to tell your team leader!”

“My team leader is worse than me! She already snuck out of work at lunch today!”

***

The candid photograph incident became like a promotional activity for Bai Lang. After the newspaper released the photos, combined with Total Entertainment’s press release for Bai Lang, along with UNI immediately following up with a plethora of print and TV ads, it pushed Bai Lang’s popularity to a new level. As for the rumors of him having a wealthy patron, it only circulted for one or two days.

Probably this was partly thanks to Rong SiQi’s help. After Rong SiQi had come out personally to support Bai Lang, the media chased them for many days to ask them about their relationship. However, everyone was clear that without the company’s approval, Rong SiQi would also not have the chance to express his friendship. From this it could be seen that Bai Lang was not only a lucky newcomer but also someone who was being actively promoted by and important to Total Entertainment.

The most important thing was the success of UNI’s advertisement.

This series of ads fully utilized and promoted everything that Rong SiQi and Bai Lang had to offer. Their original fans didn’t need to be mentioned but even bystanders who previously didn’t pay much attention to them, began to develop an interest.