Chapter 16 - Medicinal Soup

Chapter 16 – Medicinal Soup

Qiu XiaoHai saw this middle aged woman and his first instinct was to hide behind Bai Lang. His small hard tightly grasped Bai Lang’s pants.

Bai Lang hesitated then smilled at the woman. “Hello, you are?”

The middle aged woman’s smile got bigger. “Oh, I’m Mr Qiu’s hired nanny. My name is Yang Li. Xiao Hai calls me Auntie Yang.” After speaking she smiled at Xiao Hai but Qiu XiaoHai only hid further. “Although Mr Qiu has mentioned to me that in these couple of days Xiao Hai will be staying at Mr Bai’s place but seeing as Mr Bai is a busy man, I thought that you would definitely encounter troubles taking care of such a small child. That’s why I thought it’s better if I come to help.”

Seeing Bai Lang’s raised eyebrow and that he was about to open his mouth to reject her, Yang Li laughed and continued speaking. “I know Mr Bai that you’re good-hearted and willing to take care of Xiao Hai, however it took me over half a year to familiarize myself with Xiao Hai’s eating and dressing routine. Usually Mr Qiu isn’t home very often and isn’t aware of how picky Xiao Hai is when eating. He also has a stubborn personality. If the person who takes care of him changes, he definitely won’t be used to it. It might affect his studies.”

At this time Yang Li smiled in a benevolent way at Xiao Hai. “Right now Xiao Hai just wants to experience new things. I’m thinking it’s better if Xiao Hai comes home after school, it’s more comfortable. Then when he has holidays he can live at Mr Bai’s for a few days. That way everyone can be more comfortable right? And since I’m still receiving Mr Qiu’s salary, it won’t make me feel so guilty.”

Yang Li’s manner of speaking was very rational and logical. Combined with her elegant dress and friendly smile, she didn’t look like a nanny but more like a well-raised woman from a wealthy family. She was even wearing a large round pearl on her hand. She made Bai Lang feel very much as though everything she arranged was very good.

But at this time Qiu XiaoHai began to panic. He tugged Bai Lang’s pants and stammered, “I, I don’t want to go home. Daddy said I can live at your place! I can eat anything. I don’t want little rabbit steamed buns anymore. I, I want to live with you…”

Bai Lang smiled and patted Qiu XiaoHai’s head. He said to Yang Li, “Auntie Yang is very meticulous. I am also scared that I can’t take care of Xiao Hai well. However since Mr Qiu already promised Xiao Hai, I can’t cause him to break his promise. So if Xiao Hai wants to stay with me he can. If he really can’t get used to it and wants to go home then I’ll take him home immediately. There’s no problem.”

Qiu XiaoHai immediately hugged Bai Lang’s leg tightly. “I won’t, I’ll be good…”

Bai Lang only kept patting Qiu XiaoHai’s head, reassuring Xiao Hai’s restless mood.

Yang Li gave Qiu XiaoHai an adoring gaze that also carried some feelings of blame. “Oh, Mr Bai is really good at making himself liked. Thinking back, it took me a lot of effort to get close to Xiao Hai.”

As for whether there was a hidden meaning behind these words, Bai Lang didn’t want to think too deeply. He only smiled, “Sorry to make Auntie Yang come all this way for nothing. When Mr Qiu comes back, I will definitely tell him about Auntie Yang’s kindness.”

Yang Li sighed. “I just feel bad for Xiao Hai since he doesn’t have a mother. Ai, what a pitiful child.”

Bai Lang didn’t say anything. However the smile on his face faded slightly. He could somewhat understand why Xiao Hai didn’t like Auntie Yang.

“Since it’s like this then Xiao Hai you can go with Mr Bai,” At this time Yang Li lifted up a cloth covered bag. Inside was a stainless steel soup box. “This is the medicinal soup that Doctor Chen has prescribed these days. It’s to help nourish Xiao Hai’s body. This child is often ill and Mr Qiu is very worried. This type of medication needs to be taken long term to have a good effect. If it’s stopped in the middle it won’t be good. I have prepared three days worth for Mr Bai to take home. After dinner, can I trouble Mr Bai to remember to give Xiao Hai a bowl.”