Chapter 3 - Little White Rabbit

Chapter 3 – Little White Rabbit

This night, starting from 2AM in the morning, Bai Lang received three phone calls. One was from his older brother and two from his mother.

All of it was to tell him how deadly the loan shark was and how Bai Li and the two old people were frightened to death. They had received several phone calls in the dead of the night with no one talking on the other end, and also people had been tailing them on their way out to buy groceries. For several nights past they had been so frightened they couldn’t sleep. As for Bai Lang who had a successful career, all he needed to do was to run by the bank tomorrow morning and borrow five million dollars to help Bai Li and save their family, it was this simple no?

Bai Lang lowered his head listening to their calls, and in his heart he couldn’t help but recall the scenes from his previous life.

Because after this incident, Bai Li would continue to borrow money time and time again, and would time and time again ask him for help to repay it. Through this incident Bai Li came to understand that if he was in debt, then Bai Lang would also suffer. So he knew that no matter what his younger brother Bai Lang would come to his aid, so he felt free to go out and do whatever he wanted. 

All the way until eight years later when Bai Li had finally accumulated enough experience from this manner of using money, he was finally able to open two relatively successful restaurants in his hometown of T City, and became the so-called boss of a “chain” and made a name for himself. Then when the ugly rumours surrounding Bai Lang being gay was broken to the media, Bai Li was the first person to stand out and post on the two restaurant’s website that the Bai family had not taught this younger son well, that they wanted to apologize to society, as well as to completely cut off all ties with Bai Lang.

This notice was furiously reposted by all the paparazzi and was treated as hot news. Everyone said that even though there was no real evidence to support the rumors, Bai Lang’s own family had pretty much admitted it. Hence it was clear that Bai Lang really had some serious problems. So the previously unsubstantiated slanders became real in this fashion. For Bai Lang, who had painstakingly supported Bai Li and these two old people these past years, he was heartlessly stabbed in the back several times.

However at that time Bai Lang still felt guilty towards his parents. Because he knew that the two old people who had grown up in a small regional town were very traditional thinking people. Homosexuality in their eyes was something that was disgusting and perverted. Actually when Bai Lang admitted his sexual orientation to his parents, the words they had spoken to him were even uglier than that which was being said outside by others.

However people’s hearts in reality were made of flesh and blood. If it was cut then of course it would hurt.

Bai Lang had been a good and obedient son for his entire life. He was a good younger brother. However all he had gotten in return was this kind of abandonment. Although he understood it logically, Bai Lang did not want to repeat this kind of experience.

Especially Bai Li. When Bai Lang thought about letting Bai Li use him for money again, he really wanted to jump out of the window of the building.

The phone had been held in his hand for too long and it was slightly hot. Bai Lang paused for a few seconds and then finally decided to dial a number.

In his previous life, he had never once before called this number voluntarily.

However it had always been saved inside his phone.

Du–du–du—, then there was the sound of the call being connected. “Who is it!?”

The deep and husky voice sounded angry, it seemed like the person on the other end hadn’t even had time to open their eyes yet.