Chapter 33 - University Hospital

Chapter 33 – University Hospital

After Lin GongCheng heard that he smacked the table and laughed loudly.

“Look, you can’t have a son carelessly ba. This answer is just what I thought, hahaha.” 

Qiu XiaoHai realized at this time that he was being teased. He twisted his head around and asked, “Why is Uncle laughing?”

Qiu Qian aimed a look at Lin GongCheng. “He’s happy for you. The little sister he liked ran away.”

Lin GongCheng’s laugh immediately died in his throat. Qiu XiaoHai opened his eyes wide. “Why ah?”

Bai Lang ruffled Qiu XiaoHai’s head. “It’s not polite to ask like this. You need to comfort Uncle.”

“Oh,” Qiu XiaoHai obediently nodded his head. “Uncle, don’t be sad.” After thinking for a moment he added, “Girls are very troublesome anyway.”

After this the table erupted into wild laughter, including Qiu Qian.

At this time Qiu XiaoHai felt bullied and started becoming unhappy. He slid off the chair and ran to Bai Lang’s side, clinging onto him. Bai Lang softened his laughter and hugged Qiu XiaoHai on his knee and began comforting him. Qiu XiaoHai pouted and decided he wouldn’t talk anymore.

However not long after it was time to cut the cake. When the cake appeared with lit candles on top, Qiu XiaoHai’s eyes brightened. 

Qiu Qian finally remembered to comfort his son. He turned and asked if he wanted to blow out the candles. Qiu XiaoHai nodded vigorously and immediately lunged forward. Bai Lang had to steady him around the waist to avoid him falling onto the table.

Afterwards there was a “hu!” sound and Qiu XiaoHai grinned as he completed his mission. He twisted his head to look for Qiu Qian’s praise.

The image was just like a real family celebrating a birthday together.

***

After the celebration finished, it was time for the party to end.

Around 8, 9PM Qiu XiaoHai was already rubbing his eyes tiredly. Qiu Qian didn’t delay and told everyone to hurry on home to rest.

Lin GongCheng hadn’t seen Er Hong for a long time. He wanted to go along with them to chat so left together with Qiu Qian and the others.

After they left, the emptied club became significantly more quiet and lonely.

Su Quan who was left behind poured himself a glass of wine. His chair was in front of the floor length windows. He looked out at the sparse distant lights and his expression was unclear.

“Ah Qian has changed a lot. I’ve never seen him like this before.”

On the other side, Wang Yun was also holding a cup of spirits and turning it in his hand. “But at our age it’s probably time to settle down and have a family.”

“Perhaps,” Su Quan lightly smiled. “Bai Lang is a good schemer. He’s able to control Qiu XiaoHai very well.”

Wang Yun went quiet for a moment. It seemed he didn’t quite agree however in the end he still said, “No matter what it’s good to have someone to dedicate oneself to. Ah Qian probably also wants to try it.”

“How can you dedicate yourself to something that’s bought with money?” Su Quan twisted his head to look at Wang Yun. His gaze was very severe.

Wang Yun looked at Su Quan’s perfect side profile. He couldn’t help but say, “Well it’s better than having no hope at all.”