Chapter 14 - Qiu XiaoHai

Chapter 14 – Qiu XiaoHai

“The recently hotly popular “Partners for Life” drama has completed filming. Last night they held a celebratory party at the Rong Hua Club. The crew and actors all gathered to let their hair down. They are all very excited about the fact that “Partners” has garnered the highest ratings ever in the 6PM to 7PM slot…”

“… Director Zhou ChunCai enthusiastically proclaimed that the success of the drama was due to the miraculous writing of the scriptwriter, the wonderful acting of the new generation of young actors, as well as the encouragement and advice given by the audience online. He also expressed his personal opinion that the actor for Jiang XinCheng, Bai Lang, has grown a lot during the filming and that he has extraordinary talent. As a Director, this is something Zhou ChunCai feels very proud of….”

In the early morning entertainment news broadcast, the screen was showing various clips of Bai Lang.

Under the continuously flashing bright lights, Bai Lang who was wearing a black suit looked tall and slender, beautiful and handsome.

His clean and bright eyes smiled in a friendly manner and seemed just as kind and intimate as in the UNI advertisement. It really made people feel very happy in their hearts.

Kang Jian sat in front of his television. He put down the newspaper and stared at the Bai Lang on the screen.

A few months ago, that person had also smiled at him in his manner. In fact the smile was even more genuine, close enough to touch….

That’s why Kang Jian had been thinking a lot. Thinking about why the good-tempered Bai Lang had suddenly become cold towards him. Wu ShenEn said it was because he had become famous and didn’t want to acknowledge him anymore, but in his heart Kang Jian didn’t really believe this. From their period of contact before, he was confident in his instinct that Bai Lang wasn’t this kind of materialistic person. Also the timing was not quite right.

However his animosity on the set that day was real.

Even his gaze had been very cold, there wasn’t a hint of any pretense.

… so, was it because his desire had been detected by Bai Lang?

Kang Jian remembered the last time he and Bai Lang had met prior to seeing each other on set that day. It was when he had taken a carton of beer over to Bai Lang’s apartment to chat.

That evening, he had tried to persuade Bai Lang to drink with him; however Bai Lang had stubbornly refused to touch the alcohol. Kang Jian’s plan of making Bai Lang drunk was not successful however he himself had used alcohol to pretend to be in a drunken state. Using this excuse, Kang Jian had pressed Bai Lang down and during the play struggle, his lips had brushed by Bai Lang’s face. He was becoming more and more interested in Bai Lang. Every time he saw him his heart felt itchy so finally he was beginning to lose control.

However Kang Jian had just managed to keep it within the bounds of “normal”. The next day when he had called Bai Lang as usual to chat, Bai Lang didn’t seem unusual. This made Kang Jian feel reassured.

That’s why originally Kang Jian hadn’t thought this was the reason. However, in the face of Bai Lang’s continued rejection, Kang Jian could only think of this. 

In addition, Kang Jian was pretty sure that the person at the other end of that phone call could only be Bai Lang’s lover.

Early morning, a nasally voice, taking a shower, the mobile phone nearby. Every sign was indicating this. Bai Lang and that person had definitely slept on the same bed the previous night, otherwise why would the other person pick up his phone?