Chapter 34 - Beer Commercial

Chapter 34 – Beer Commercial

Bai Lang’s alcohol tolerance was very low.

His first time drinking had been a bad experience. It was the time he had been tricked into going to the club to accompany people to drink and ended up being teased by Qiu Qian. And now because of his body’s condition, Bai Lang wouldn’t touch alcohol unless he absolutely had to. Alcohol tolerance was something that needed to be built up. If he suddenly drank it after not touching it for a long time, then it was very easy to get drunk.

When Fang Hua had helped Bai Lang accept this commercial, she hadn’t thought about all this. She only thought that the brand image of this company was quite good and because it was a chain, the exposure would also be good. It completely wouldn’t lose to UNI’s initial advertisement. So without asking Bai Lang for his opinion, Fang Hua accepted it.

So Bai Lang had no choice but to go. Very early he had informed the crew members that he was no good at drinking. If he NG too many times and got tipsy then he would have no choice but to stop and rest a while before continuing.

Of course there was another method which was to change the alcohol to a clear coloured non alcoholic beverage during filming. In front of the cameras this kind of bait and switch was often used and as long as post production was done carefully, no one would be able to tell the difference.

However when the owner heard this he immediately stamped his feet. He said the color of his brand’s beer was very clear and beautiful. The bubbles were very thick and perfect and couldn’t be replaced with any other kind of liquid to fool the eye. He absolutely would not allow that in the commercial he had spent a lot of money on, to feature something that wasn’t his own beer. Thus Bai Lang was fated to get drunk.

The script for the beer commercial wasn’t complicated.

It was just about a young fellow who had suffered a heartbreak drinking beer to solve his troubles. At this time dazzling beauty appeared and walked towards him. Her long wavy hair was paired with a sexy miniskirt. All of the gazes of the men in the bar became fixed on her.

The young fellow immediately blocked the beauty’s way and used various methods to try and get her attention. The beauty’s interest was finally piqued. She raised her eyebrow and asked him what he wanted? The young fellow immediately pointed at the beer the beauty was holding. It was the last one in the fridge that was taken away by the beauty.

The beauty naturally got angry. She poured the beer all over the young fellow’s head then shoved the rest of the bottle towards him and left in a queenly manner. The young fellow was left behind contendly holding and drinking the remaining half of the bottle. And the rest of the men in the bar were also staring at him. It turns out from the beginning to the end they were also only interested in this bottle of beer.

The script wasn’t exactly logical. It wasn’t something that would happen in real life and hence there weren’t any spoken lines. The actors had to use their bodies and facial expressions just like in a mime to convey the comedic effect and make the audience laugh.

Of course Bai Lang was playing this young fellow.

And as for the beauty, she was the new film empress that Bai Lang had met not long ago at Rong Ai’s birthday party, Fei Hong.

***

When Fei Hong won the Golden Emperor award for best female actress the previous year, there were many people that thought there were some behind the scenes deals going on.

Many people criticized her features for being too fierce and her figure for being too seductive, with a large chest and a small waist. Every role played by her took on a provocative feeling and her acting skills didn’t seem to be able to cover up her appearance.