Chapter 18 - Tape Measure

Chapter 18 – Tape Measure

Bai Lang had just been helping Qiu XiaoHai wipe his mouth. He nodded his head. “Nice to meet you.”

The youth’s dark pupils narrowed. His gaze flickered to Qiu XiaoHai then returned to Bai Lang. “What a fortunate coincidence. Those headlines before were really big huh, that was a nice performance from you, beautifully done. So tell me, is it comfortable living in Building D, Floor 6?”

The youth said the address because he wanted to provoke Bai Lang. However unfortunately he was off by two floors.

Bai Lang didn’t know whether to sigh over Qiu Qian’s wealth or his regular pattern of treating people. He only said lightly, “The environment is not bad.”

“It’s a bit of a hassle getting in and out but the view from the sixth floor is not bad.” The youth raised his eyebrow. “That’s why I chose the middle room. The view is the best. The room was also renovated according to my requirements, everything is painted black. One it’s paired with completely white furniture, the effect is quite thrilling. However, other people might not be able to get used to it.”

“The view is really very good.” Bai Lang agreed.

This kind of reply made the youth really feel as though he was being patronized. He was even more incensed and said, “Oh I forgot that it doesn’t really matter which room. Because when that person gets excited, he can do it anywhere.”

R-RED’s leader was Ya Du. He was also the tallest one in the group. He grabbed the youth and jerked him back. “Let’s go Ya Qi. You should stop talking.”

However at this time Qiu XiaoHai turned his head to look ask Bai Lang, “Ah Bai don’t we live on the eighth floor? I counted. It shouldn’t be wrong.”

When Ya Qi heard this, his face changed.

Bai Lang rubbed Qiu XiaoHai. He thought about whether or not to give this good boy another egg tart.

This time Ya Qi was really angry. He pushed aside his friend, clenched his teeth and said viciously to Bai Lang, “Turns out you’re mocking me huh? Don’t worry, I’m used to it. But do you really think that you’re different? Don’t be stupid. Think about whether or not he’s ever appeared anywhere with you in public? When the newspaper started to talk, didn’t he erase everything immediately? He gave you a house, a car and a bottomless credit card, raising you up openly. But he will never let you stand by his side. Because that place has already long ago been taken by someone else.”

Bai Lang listened to all of this with no expression on his face. However in his heart he felt some surprise.

He thought about the rumor he had heard from Total Entertainment previously. Turns out it wasn’t just a rumor.

In the rumor, Qiu Qian and Ya Qi previously had a “connection”. This word was very vague and there was no indication of whether or not it had been an exchange type situation. However a little while before he had also heard that someone had personally witnessed Ya Qi clutching Qiu Qian in a crowded hallway where there were a lot of people walking about. The youth had clung onto him, forcibly asking: “Didn’t you even have the slightest bit of real feelings?” Qiu Qian had only disentangled himself and coldly kept walking.

That gossiper who had been filled with mirth had added: At least Ya Qi can be said to have gotten famous. However he was still unsatisfied and doesn’t know when to let go. How awkward.

However now that Bai Lang saw him in real life he understood that Ya Qi probably had real feelings towards Qiu Qian. Since he liked him he directly opened his mouth to ask him. Underneath his beautiful features, he had a direct gaze. He wasn’t scared to love and he wasn’t scared to hate. This was the kind of courage that only a young person would have.