Chapter 19 - End of Year Gala

Chapter 19 – End of Year Gala

In the coming days, Bai Lang spent half of his time at The Regal Suit learning tailoring with Li Fu. Actually most of this time was spent helping Li Fu receive his clients. Of course Bai Lang had to disguise himself slightly. Luckily most of the clients would never have expected a star from the television screen to be running about here, so they only commented that he looked like Bai Lang and didn’t think anything else.

At this time “Beyond Gold and Jade’s” female lead and other roles were also casat.

The situation was just as Fang Hua said. Because this film didn’t have many resources so the popularity of the people they found was only ordinary.

The actress for the female lead was called Chen AiRu. The supporting male role was Luo Feng. Both weren’t names that Bai Lang was familiar with from the next ten years. Only the old actor that was playing the villain was someone that Bai Lang knew would win the Gold Emperor award for best supporting actor in a few years. With the addition of him who was an actor without any movie experience, then “Gold” was just as some poisonous industry people said – just a rich second generation’s movie dream. After all, the investor was a textile company boss and the director was his friend.

Even so, Bai Lang trusted that Zhu Kuan definitely had his own ideas and among them was definitely not wasting the money his friend had entrusted to him. Everything would become clearer when shooting started in the next month. Right now all he had to do was do his best to prepare himself.

Of course this included trying to find the funds that the movie would need in the future.

These days Fang Hua had helped him to contact Total Entertainment’s overseas copyright department and already received an answer.

However, according to their valuation, this author was someone that had never had any previous works and also the western fantasy background of the book was probably not something most Chinese people could accept. So they rejected Bai Lang’s proposal to purchase it together.

Bai Lang also didn’t force them. In any case, this way the book’s rights would fully belong to him and he could get a better price when it came to reselling. So Bai Lang proposed to pay off the costs in one go and the overseas copyright department would be his mediator with G country. The time limit for negotiation was within two weeks as the first book was already on the market and Bai Lang guessed that if things didn’t get settled within one month, then they would miss their chance.

Since their time was limited, the copyright department was not able to settle the price at below 1.5million and finally settled on 2.3million. As for the extra 800,000, Bai Lang struggled for a while then finally made up his mind and went to the bank to get an information pack on applying for a loan.

Bai Lang guessed that based on his small fame as well as the reasonable amount of money currently in his bank account, he could approximately make the cut for this kind of small to medium sized loan. However the only difficulty was that he needed to provide some kind of collateral for security. However right now Bai Lang didn’t have a car or a house. He was also too embarrassed to ask Qiu Qian to be his guarantor, since this would be bothering him too much.

As for repayments, there were still quite a few jobs whose payments hadn’t entered his accounts yet. Perhaps he should ask Sister Fang to arrange some more jobs for him. 

It’s just that in the same evening that Bai Lang came home from the bank, Qiu Qian pressed him down and licked his ear and said huskily, “If you borrow 800,000 from the bank then tomorrow I’ll go to the bank to pay it back. If you have to owe money, you should owe me.”