Chapter 17 - The Regal Suit

Chapter 17 – The Regal Suit

After more than ten hours travel, by the time Qiu Qian rushed back to Bai Lang’s apartment it was already past 3AM.

He lightly crept into Qiu XiaoHai’s bedroom. Qiu Qian had been suppressing a furious anger the entire trip and needed to take a look at his son first. However he didn’t expect that the bed was completely empty. Qiu Qian paused and then immediately changed directions to the main bedroom.

He wasn’t wrong. In the main bedroom’s large, deep blue bed he found one big person and one small person.

Bai Lang was sleeping on his side with a small frown. Behind him Qiu XiaoHai was sleeping like a tired octopus on his stomach. His small face was tightly pressed against Bai Lang’s back, completely squashed against him and he was even drooling. This image was completely like he had taken Bai Lang for a large-scale hugging pillow, it was only the size wasn’t right so Qiu XiaoHai couldn’t get his leg completely over. But even so the two people were both breathing very peacefully and sleeping soundly.

Underneath the moonlight, Qiu Qian saw this peaceful image. The anger and panic in his heart faded slightly. As for the investigation and getting to the bottom of things, it was not as important as letting these two have a good rest.

Qiu Qian couldn’t help himself reaching out and feeling Qiu XiaoHai’s head. Then he also touched Bai Lang.

This time, it was his mistake. He owed the two of them.

He owed Xiao Hai, and also towards Bai Lang…

Qiu Qian lowered his eyes. Something in his heart couldn’t help loosening. Then he also lay down beside these two people.

Tomorrow. He would begin tomorrow.

He would make them pay. Pay with everything they had.

***

The next day, Bai Lang was woken up by the feeling of pressure. He was being squashed by two people, one big one small, one on top and one on the bottom.

But with his small movement the big one immediately woke up.

Bai Lang squinted his eyes and turned with difficulty. Then his breath was stolen away by a smoky and heavy kiss. 

Bai Lang didn’t push him away. He closed his eyes and returned the kiss.

These days he had been made restless by his dreams from his previous life. When he thought about the scene from his dream and compared it with the lively and cute Qiu XiaoHai before his eyes, the cruelty and malevolence of the person hidden behind the scenes really made Bai Lang feel cold all the way into his heart.

Thinking about Yang Li’s smile in front of the kindergarten as she had handed the soup over and the specificity of her instructions, it was enough to make him sure that she had known the significance of the medicine. It wasn’t just that she was trying to find a way to make her job easier. It should be known that placing serious sleeping tablets into soup, when used over a long time, can stunt a child’s development. It was a chronic type of developmental disorder, the symptoms were very slow and by the time it was detected, it would have already left irreparable damage. The cause would also not be found easily.

Although Bai Lang didn’t know her reasons, to do something so cruel to such a small child was really outside the realm of Bai Lang’s experience in his past life. So when he felt Qiu Qian’s familiar scent, Bai Lang’s heart relaxed. He didn’t mind clinging closer. As the kiss went on, Qiu Qian’s aggression also seemed to lessen. The heat became comfortable and soothing, Bai Lang felt his whole body going soft…