Chapter 37 - I'm Sorry

Chapter 37 – I’m Sorry

That night there were two people that were secretly taken to University Hospital.

Other than Rong Ai, Bai Lang was also forced to go too.

Bai Lang didn’t take the ambulance but was instead personally transported by Qiu Qian like a criminal.

Hong Hong drove and Qiu Qian sat the whole way with his face sunken in the shadow. He clutched Qiu XiaoHai and wouldn’t let him go over to Bai Lang’s side.

After leaving the Rong family, Qiu Qian had not looked at Bai Lang a single time in the eye. So naturally they also didn’t say anything to each other.

During this time, Qiu Qian’s breathing was labored and his movements were irritable. It was clear that he was suppressing an explosion of anger inside his body.

Qiu XiaoHai was filled with question marks about the situation. He had just left the red-eyed Ah Zan, because Ah Zan’s grandpa was sick. But when he turned around he was met with his daddy’s frightening expression.

Qiu XiaoHai froze. This face was even more terrible than when he ran away from home. His danger instincts made him want to run to Bai Lang for comfort; however this time Qiu Qian violently wrenched him to one side. Qiu XiaoHai was extremely confused. The few times he had wanted to shuffle closer to Bai Lang he was suppressed by Qiu Qian on the spot and in the end he was forced to lie against Qiu Qian’s shoulder, throwing pitiful secret glances at Bai Lang.

After getting in the car, the stifling and heavy atmosphere inside made Qiu XiaoHai unable to help calling out pitifully in a small voice like a kitten:

“Ah Bai….”

Bai Lang gave him an apologetic glance. However he didn’t expect that Qiu Qian would suddenly violently kick the back of the seat in front of him.

Peng! There was a loud noise.

After that there was the sound of the plastic cracking loudly in the car.

Luckily the seat that Qiu Qian kicked was the empty passenger seat next to Hong Hong and so didn’t disrupt his driving. However it was enough to terrify Qiu XiaoHai. He immediately shut his mouth and even Bai Lang shook slightly.

Qiu Qian felt Bai Lang’s fright. With an extremely ugly expression he glanced at Bai Lang. Bai Lang met his eyes in a startled manner but the next moment Qiu Qian turned away, stony-faced. The car drove straight to University Hospital before stopping in the parking lot. Xiao Li had also brought out a few hospital employees to wait there for him, in order to maintain secrecy while they went in.

As soon as Bai Lang followed Qiu Qian out of the car, his right wrist was immediately clamped tightly by Qiu Qian. Bai Lang froze. He didn’t even have time to react before Qiu Qian started striding forward to big steps. Bai Lang stumbled slightly and Qiu Qian’s face became even uglier. However his footsteps slowed down.

Bai Lang finally understood. This was Qiu Qian’s look of internal injury. Most likely he was scared that if he exploded in anger he would scare Bai Lang’s fragile, “made of glass” heart. Bai Lang laughed helplessly. He tried gently to free himself and just as he thought he didn’t have to use much effort to make Qiu Qian let go since he was scared of using force.

When he saw Qiu Qian’s twisted face which clearly showed he wanted to swear but was forcibly suppressing himself, Bai Lang turned his hand back around and held Qiu Qian’s. He squeezed it. Everything is okay.

Qiu Qian swallowed visibly. It was clear he was forcibly trying to stop himself from doing or saying anything impulsive. Then his hand tightly held Bai Lang’s, the ten fingers intertwined, and he motioned Xiao Li to lead the way in a wooden manner.