Chapter 57 - Shangri-La

Chapter 57 – Shangri-La

There was a soft, soothing voice beside his ear and the jazz music playing in the background was also very pleasant.

The wooden walnut decoration, combined with the soft couches and cushions, showed off this place’s comfortable but also very luxurious space. There were also floor-length windows, which in this high-rise location, showed a stunning city night view. There was also a balcony where one could go outside to get a breath of the fresh night air. This was the most popular evening bar inside the exclusive, members-only club “Shangri-La”.

Lin ChenYuan carefully placed down the wine menu. He opened his peach blossom eyes wide and looked at his surroundings, feeling somewhat uncomfortable.

Kang Jian was also holding another wine menu. In it, the cheapest glass of wine started from 1000 yuan, even a glass of soda water cost 100. Although this made his skin hurt slightly, Kang Jian remained calm. He ordered a glass of wine slightly more expensive than the cheapest one, then looked at Lin ChenYuan who was sitting opposite him on the couch. “How about you?”

Lin ChenYuan was still looking all around him. He hurried to shake his head, “You choose.”

Kang Jian smiled. He added a glass of the same and after waving off the server, turned to Lin ChenYuan and said, “Xiao Yuan, relax. In the future we will often come here to pass the time.”

Everyone around them was speaking softly and there was also the sound of polite clinking of glasses. So Lin ChenYuan also suppressed his voice. “Brother Kang, do you often come here to talk business ah? This place is so high-class. I’m scared of doing something wrong and embarrassing Brother Kang.”

Kang Jian leaned into the sofa in a casual pose. He adjusted his suit. “Once you get used to it, it’s okay. The people that come here aren’t that special, they have just deep pockets that’s all. Although just having money isn’t enough, if you want to become a member of Shangri-La, you need to be introduced by another member. You will only be allowed to join after confirming your identity, otherwise you can only use an experience card to come three times.”

“Then is Brother Kang a legitimate member? So amazing!” Lin ChenYuan’s eyes were filled with admiration.

“I will be one soon. Xiao Xu asked Brother Dong to introduce me to become a member. Thinking about it, I should get my membership card this month.” Kang Jian puffed out his chest as he talked.

“Oh, are there many benefits to being a member? Just then those wines were so expensive I almost died.” It was clear to Lin ChenYuan that Kang Jian was very proud of his previous statement so he followed along and said a few pleasing things.

Kang Jian immediately smiled joyfully. “The most important thing is the connections, not the wine ah Xiao Yuan. I can get familiar with the bosses that come around here, and that way I can find lots of opportunities to earn money. That’s the real value of this place.” The other reason Kang Jian was very pleased with Lin ChenYuan was because Lin ChenYuan was always filled with admiration for him, and not like Li Sha who was always looking down on him.

“I see.” Lin ChenYuan nodded his head respectfully. He looked around. “Then are there any bosses that Brother Kang recognizes tonight? Do you need to go and make any greetings?”

Kang Jian looked around. There were really a few people present whom he had met while following Xiao Xu. But right now they were all in conversation with other people, and behaved as though they totally hadn’t seen him. Kang Jian felt unsure whether or not he should go over to make a greeting. Now that he thought about all of these things were previously done with Xiao Xu guiding him.