Extra 3

Extra 3

Afterwards, Rong Zan waited for Qiu XiaoHai to return to the country, two and a half years later.

In between, Rong Zan and Qiu XiaoHai maintained a trans-pacific phone call every week. Sometimes Qiu XiaoHai would be the one calling, more often it was Rong Zan who calculated the timing and called. Perhaps it was because of nearly losing Qiu XiaoHai and then getting him back, but Rong Zan really valued and preciously protected their connection with each other.

In addition, in the original kindergarten class, Rong Zan didn’t have any other very good friends. Even when he went to primary school, Rong Zan put all of his spare time into studying. Around him there weren’t any other intimate friends like Qiu XiaoHai.

This situation was something that Rong Zan’s mother Lin Qing didn’t discover for quite some time.

After all, she was usually very busy with work. When she interacted with her son in the evenings, Rong Zan always very obediently stayed in his room to read books.

It was not until the kindergarten teacher called their house to chat and disclosed the fact that Rong Zan didn’t seem very willing to form groups with other children to play.

He wouldn’t even allow them to sit in the seat beside him.

Lin Qing immediately thought of Qiu XiaoHai. She actually thought she was very familiar with her son’s ways and thinking. She thought that it was simply stubbornness and that it would be unable to withstand a child’s ability to forget. As time passed, Rong Zan should naturally make new friends. So all she did was help Rong Zan arrange some summer camps, sporting activities, chess clubs and other extracurricular activities. This was so the usually quiet Rong Zan could get to know some more people.

As these activities increased, Rong Zan seemed to come around.

He was someone who was more quiet than most children. When it came to Lin Qing’s arrangements, he treated it just like homework set by his teacher. He would complete them very well. On some occasions he even displayed a natural ability to lead the group. When it came to picking a team leader, this role would often fall on Rong Zan’s head.

Although he did well in everything, no matter how many suggestions or questions Lin Qing gave to Rong Zan, he had never again voluntarily brought any child home with him. This really made Lin Qing feel helpless. After thinking for a while, Lin Qing and Rong SiYu decided to have a second child.

Lin Qing’s second child turned out to be twin boys. This was unexpected. Originally the husband and wife only wanted Rong Zan to have a brother or a sister to be a companion.

After all, Rong Zan really had too little friends. In three years, Lin Qing could count all of them, including Qiu XiaoHai, on one hand.

All the way until Qiu XiaoHai returned to the country and pressed on their doorbell.

From that day, a child’s excitement and natural liveliness once again returned to Rong Zan’s eyes.

It had to be said that Lin Qing, who was sensitive about these things, actually felt somewhat complicated in her heart.

She looked at the two infants on the bed, and then at her oldest son who had not displayed such joy in a long time.

Lin Qing could only sigh helplessly. Well, just let it be. She would just let kids be kids.

***

While a family revolution was slowly taking root in Rong Zan’s household, Qiu XiaoHai actually still had yet to completely realize what was happening.