Chapter 43

(Y/n)'s POV

"Brian! What are you doing here?" He seemed to be little surprised about that. "I'm... umm doing my shopping?" He turns his gaze to look at Michael who suddenly was standing right next to me. "Who is this?" Brian asked and I could swear that he looked little angry as he was looking at Michael. "Haven't you watched news?" He shakes his head. "I don't believe in that. I think that the only news I need are from other people." I couldn't believe that! But I was relieved that he didn't watch the news. "But who is this?" He repeats his question.

"This is... umm... my husband!" I wrap my arm around Michael. He looks down at me for a moment before he turn his attention on Brian again. He was surprised about this. "Oh wow I didn't know that you were on a relationship with someone..." He seemed to be disappointed by that. "Well it was sudden believe me. But we are a perfect match." I giggle nervously as I tighten the hold on Michael. I was scared that he would realize what is going on... "I'm Brian." He says as he offers his hand to Michael.

Michael looks at it for a while before he takes his hand and gives it a harsh shake. This seemed to get Brian off guard as he pulled his hand away. "Why doesn't he speak?" Michael turns to look at me as he expects me to answer. "His name is Audrey and he's mute." Michael nods to Brian as to confirm this. "I thought you loved men who could have interesting conversation with you." This makes Michael's gaze turn back to me quickly. I could see that he seemed to be annoyed or mad because of this. "Well some things change when you fall in love."

Michael seems to accept this answer as he gives me a little smile. "Wow I can't believe that I lost to a man who doesn't even speak." I hear Brian murmur to himself but I knew that Michael could hear it too. "Brian please don't start a scene." I beg for him to leave it be. "I just don't understand! Sure Mr. Strode said that you have somethings going on but that you got married without telling us! Don't tell me you are pregnant too!" He seemed to be hurt by this revelation. I shake my head so I could make him feel little better. "No I'm not pregnant." I didn't want him to hear about Killian since that could make him lose his mind.

"How is Mr. Strode anyway?" Brian sighs as he looks through his grocery list. "I think he's doing fine. He moved to California with his wife and daughter after the attack of last Halloween. I think they moved to San Francisco." I look at Michael to see that he seemed to excited. "Oh really? That's good to her. It was horrible what happened to her!" Brian nods as he looks at me. "So are you happy with him?" His question caught me off guard. Michael seems to react too because he puts his hand to my chin and turns me to look at him. I was confused for a moment but then his lips caught mine in a deep kiss.

I hear Brian gasp at that which made me feel bad. But Michael only keeps me in the deep lip lock before he releases me. He looks at me for a moment with those adoring eyes before he winks and turns to look Brian with a smug look in his face. I turn back too to see the sour look on his face. "I'll be leaving now. Have a good day." Brian snaps as he leaves us. I turn to glare at Michael who was looking after him with a smirk on his face. "You are so mean!" I slap his chest which makes the smirk on his face only bigger. I shake my head as I start to push the shopping cart to the register. "Could you just behave for the rest of the day?" He thinks for a moment before he shakes his head.

I roll my eyes as I start to load our shopping to the register. "Could you pack the shopping? I'm going to pay for them." Michael nods as he walks over there. I just hope that no one would recognize is but I could see that the clerk was too busy talking with her friends. I look at Michael who was doing for once things that I ask him to do. I don't think that he was noticed since no one was looking at him. I bet they are looking for the masked Michael...

Once I was done with the shopping we head for the car I was happy that he was here with me. But I could see that he was thinking about something which made me worried. He wouldn't go after his sister now would he? I don't know if he would leave Haddonfield to go to San Francisco but it scared me. I don't know if I could take care of Killian without him. I watch him as he puts the bag inside the trunk. I shake my head before I get inside.