Chapter 45

Michael's POV

My heart was bounding in my chest after another successful kills. It always made me feel alive! And it silenced the voice so that was good too. I was stalking through a house which I saw when I was going back home. I could hear the TV upstairs so I think that the people of this residence are over there. I walk in the shadows so the owners of the house wouldn't notice me. People were so easy to kill in their own houses since they never thought anything bad happened to them at home.

I peek through a bedroom door which was left lightly open. I saw a middle-aged couple who were laying on the bed while watching TV. "Are you going to get the kids tomorrow from your parents?" The man asked which made me turn my head to the side. Her parents? Grandparents? I could remember that when I was younger we used to visit my grandmother. She lived all alone after grandpa died. I liked to be there but I didn't like when Judith was with me there since she would usually ignore me.

I smile at the memory. I remember that one time when she lead me to the forest and left me there since she forgot something to the house. As I waited there I saw a birds nest up a tree. It wasn't too far up from the ground so I walked over it. I climbed up the tree so I could take a better look in the nest. There were three baby birds which were crying for their mother. They were so small, so fragile... so easy to hurt... to kill...

I look around the forest to see if their mother was there but I couldn't see anything. I turn to look at the birds again and just as I was reaching towards them something big flew to the nest. It startled me which made me fall from the tree. It didn't hurt me at all as hit the ground while I turn to look at the nest. My eyes widen as I stare at the new bird. A hawk. It was staring at me silently like it was waiting for something.

I look at the big bird in a small nest. It wasn't its nest. The hawk tilts its head to the side before it turns it attention to the babies. One by one, the hawk started to pick up the babies to its beak before it straightens its neck and eats every single one of those babies. Without any doubt or sadness in its eyes. It was like it didn't have any remorse for killing those babies. It made my heart beat faster. I wasn't afraid of the bird. I was intrigued about it.

"Michael! Where are you?" I hear Judith's voice coming closer to me which caught the hawks attention. "Michael?" Judith reaches me and at the same time the hawk takes off flying, almost lunging towards my sister. She dodges which a scream the bird and the hawk just flies away. "Jesus Christ! What the hell was that?!" She screamed before she turned to look at me. I was still laying on the ground while looking at her.

"What? Did that thing hurt you?" She questioned me but I could see that she seemed to be angry. I shake my head which made her nod. "Good. I don't want to get in trouble because of you. Come on, let's get back." She helped me up and took my hand to lead me back to grandma's house. I look behind me at the now empty nest. The mama bird would be soon back to see the empty nest. To see that all her hard work would be gone...

My attention turns back to the couple who now had turned off the TV. This time, the baby birds would come home to a nest that had their dead parents in it. I take my knife and slowly walk over to them. They were so calm, so easy to kill. They foolishly thought that they were safe from me. They would go to sleep hoping that they would wake up next morning but not this time. Not after the Shape of Haddonfield would claim their pathetic lives...

I sink the knife in the man's throat first before quickly doing it to the woman too. They both woke up while holding their throats, trying desperately to breath while they were drowning in their own blood. I watch them as they tried to get away. They didn't know they were dead just yet. Usually when someone knows that they would get comfortable and get a certain look in their eyes. Like they were glass, not real.