Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

I finally got home after the long shopping trip. I had so many things I needed to buy to Michael but I was happy to do that to him. It must have been over fifteen years since he had gotten anything so I bought him some this that he would like. The list included three new overalls, which were blue of course, razor blades, toothbrush, a new knife, some men's body wash and some other things he would need. I also bought some black T-shirts and boxers but I also found boxers that had cat pictures in them and I couldn't help but to buy them to him.

A little smile widens on my face as the thought that he would see all the things I bought for him. I also got some groceries so I wouldn't have to leave the house for a while now. I got some candies for him because he seems to like to eat things that are sweet. I walk over to the front door an open it, taking the first bags inside. The first thing I hear was screaming and I feel my heart sink. I quickly put the bags down and run to the living room to see what the hell he was doing.

I stop at the doorway and see that Michael was watching some horror film and I sigh out in relieve. He turns his head to look at me when I put my hand over my chest. I let out a little giggle when the adrenaline wares off and Michael tilts his head as he was still looking at me. "I thought that something happened." I say to him as I walk back to get the bags. "Would you be sweet and empty these bags please." I say to him as I put the bags on the kitchen counter. I hear him huff but he still gets up. I give him a little smile and go get the rest of the bags from the car.

When I get back with the rest of the stuff, I lock the door behind me and walk to the kitchen. When I get there I can see that Michael has just emptied the bags by pouring everything from there on the counter and the floor beneath it. He was looking at the mess but turned to look at me when he noticed that I had appeared to the kitchen. "I didn't mean it like that!" I say to him and walk over to the mess. Thank goodness there wasn't anything broken by his rough handling. "Why would you do something like this?" I ask from him but he just looks at me without doing anything.

I huff at him and start picking up the things he has dropped. When I was leaning down to get something from the floor he suddenly takes a hold on my neck. I yelp from the pain as he pushes me to the counter. "Michael! What the hell?!" I yell at him, getting more anxious by every minute as he keeps holding me down. He tilts his head side to side and brushes some of my hair away from my face. I look into the dark eye holes of the mask, trying to figure out what he was thinking.

He leans towards me and I feel the mask's lips on my temple and after that, he lets go of me. He takes a step back and huffs out loudly. I get up and turn to look at him as he makes his way back to the living room. I look after him feeling little dumbfounded. Was that some of his power play? I quietly start putting the groceries away, feeling confused. I was scared because I didn't know what he was thinking and if he truly wanted to hurt me after all. I put the final groceries away and turn to look at the chocolate that I bought for him.

I take a deep breath in and take it in my hands. I walk back over to the living room to see that he was already looking back at the TV. Toby was sitting at the window, looking outside probably at the birds. I look at Michael but he seems to be comfortable on the couch. He must know that I wasn't that big of a threat to him at all. He knows that I could never hurt him that badly. I walk over right next to him but he doesn't even look at me. "Michael. I got you some chocolate." I say to him and his eyes slowly turn to look at me.

I offer him the chocolate but he looks at it for a while. He takes it from me and rolls the mask away from his mouth. He starts to eat it while I sat on the couch next to him. The horror movie was still on and his attention was on that, making me feel little relieved. I really wanted to speak with him but the fact that he is a mute now is difficult. I don't know if he knows or even remembers how to write. He was just so young when he went to that hospital. My thoughts were interrupted when I could hear a faint chuckle from him.