Chapter 8

(Y/n)'s POV

I was getting more worried by every minute that passed by. I don't know where Michael is and he has been gone for hours. It was getting colder and darker outside and I was worried about him. I have tried to call my parents again to see if they were really coming over here. If they were, I wouldn't know what I should do with Michael. It was getting colder and colder by the days and I really didn't want Michael to be outside too long because he could get sick. Besides he could get super jealous.

I walk in circles in the living room. Toby was looking at me from the couch, tilting his head side to side. "He's okay, right?" I ask him but he only looks at me silently. Maybe I should turn on the TV to see if there is any news of Michael or any murders that happened between these hours? Suddenly I hear a knock on the door and I turn to look the door. Was Michael knocking on my door? I quickly walk over to it and hesitate to open it, little scared to see what was on the other side.

I open the door and face no other than Dr. Loomis. I feel my heart almost stop when he looks at me with his sharp eyes. What was he doing here?! "Dr. Loomis! Can I help you?" I ask from him trying to sound as innocent as possible. "Can I come in?" He asks as he looks around my yard. "Sure." I say as I step aside to let him in. He walks inside, looking around my home as if he was trying to find something or rather someone. I close the door and walk after him. Toby was sitting on the couch which had new cushions on it. I couldn't wash off the blood of them so I quickly got new and hid the old once to be disposed later.

"You got new cushions." He says looking at Toby, who was sending him a nasty glare. "Yeah. I just hope that he doesn't claw at these ones too." I say looking at Toby. I felt horrible that I was blaming Toby for what Michael did but I'll make sure to give him lots of treats afterwards. "So, is there something you need?" I say quietly, turning to look at him. Dr. Loomis nodded his head as he looks at my counter which had his business card on it.

"Would you like to have a cup of coffee?" I ask from him and he gives me another quick nod. I walk to the kitchen to make the coffee. "Are you sure you haven't seen it?" He suddenly asks, making me almost jump as the coffeemaker was doing its job. I take a deep breath in and turn to look at him. "I haven't seen him. I don't even want to try and look for him after you said that he would kill me." I say to him, forcing some tears to make their way in my eyes. "Just like Mark." I say quietly.

He nods as he sits down to the table. "I urge you to stay as far away from it as you can if you are alone." He says as I put the fresh cup of coffee in front of him. I take my cup and sit opposite of him, looking at the warm liquid inside. "I'm sorry for your loss." He says and I wipe tears that escaped from my eyes. "Thanks, that means a lot to me." I say quietly to him. He hums while he nods his head. "I wanted to ask for your help." He says and I look up at him, little confused. "I was thinking that you could be a bait to him."

I look at him like he was insane. A bait? I shake my head quickly. "No no no no no. I'm not going to do that." I say to him, starting to feel panic rising in me. Michael would be devastated if I betrayed him and then he would skin me alive. And he would be absolutely broken. "Listen, I know it's dangerous but I'll make sure that you wouldn't get in harm's way. I know he's coming for you and it would be a perfect opportunity to catch him."

I look at him, feeling my heart break in two. I wanted to do the right but I also wanted to keep Michael safe. "If you catch him, what are you going to do to him?" I ask from him, making him take a deep breath. "Send it to prison." He said coldly, sending shivers down my spine. I knew that he would survive there but he was just a man that really needed help with his mental health. "I really don't want to get involved into this." I say to him, making him look at me for a moment.