Chapter 12

(Y/n)'s POV

I slowly open my eyes and to my surprise I was in my own bedroom. I was sure that I fell asleep on the living room couch while Michael was in some kind of trance. I get up from the bed and look around the room. I was all alone and I was starting to worry about Michael. What if he left and he would never come back? I try to shake away the feeling that I was having and go straight to the bathroom. I felt tired even when I slept through the whole night while I brushed my teeth.

I was worried sick about Michael. I didn't want him to leave! And I was too afraid to go check if he was there or not because I didn't know how I was going to react if he wasn't. I take a deep breath in and decide that I'll go to the living room to see if he was still sitting there. And if not, I was going to try and forget him and move on with my life. At least I still had Toby with me and he's all I need. But the thought that the silent male wasn't here anymore made me feel powerless.

I walk to the kitchen but stop when I can smell smoke. I slowly peek behind the corner and see that there was a plate that had some bacon and eggs on it but they seemed to be little burned and mangled. I step in the kitchen but stop when Michael comes into the view with a glass of water. I look at him dumbfounded but he put the glass next to the plate and then he points at the plate and then me. I just look at him but then feel tears for in my eyes.

"Michael!" I whimper and run up to him. I wrap my arms around his form and give him a tight hug. I'm sure that it wouldn't hurt him so there was no worries. I press my ear against his chest to listen to his slow heartbeat. "I was so worried about you." I say to him but he only just stands there. After what felt like forever I finally let him go. I send him another smile when he just looks at me. "Are you okay?" I ask from him and after a while he nods.

I look at the plate and smile at him. "Is that for me?" He nods again and I almost feel my heart melt at that. "Thank you Michael." I say to him but then I see Toby sitting on the kitchen counter with another cat. I stop for a while to just look at the pair. The other cat was dirty but it looked to be fine. "Where did you get a cat?" I ask from Michael and he points at the woods. I look at the other cat and walk over to it. "Hi there little one." I say to it and offer my other hand so it can take a sniff.

It presses its nose against my hand and a little smile makes its way on my lips when it starts to purr. "So you followed him home did you little one." I say to it and I try to lift it up. The cat only relaxes in my hands and I know that it's someone's pet. "Michael, I think it has an owner." I say to him but he shakes his head. "We need to try to find its owners. What if some little child misses their pet?" He just stubbornly shakes his head. I look at the cat and sigh. "Listen. If its owner doesn't come and pick it up in fifteen days you can have it. But I have to take it to the vet so we know if something happened to it while it was gone from its owners."

Michael nods at me so I think that he is happy for now. I put the cat down and go back over to the table. I can see that when the cat was walking it wasn't putting too much weight on its front left paw so that needed to be checked. "It's cute little cat but I think that its little too dirty so I have to give it a bath." I say to him but Michael points at the plate again. He really wanted me to eat it but I don't know anything about his cooking skills. But I don't want to be rude to him.

"Did you eat already?" I ask and he nods still pointing at the plate. I take the seat and look at the food. It didn't look very appetizing but he did his best to make it for me. And well he's still alive even if he ate it himself. I take the fork and take a small bite of them. They weren't as bad as I thought. They tasted little too salty and burned but it wasn't bad for his first-time cooking something. "It's good. Thanks." I say to him and he seems to be pleased.