Come back to me

(Y/n)'s POV

"Killian wait! Your lunch!" I yell after him as he runs towards his elementary school. "Oh sorry mommy." He says before he comes to get it. "Have a fun day. I'm going to get you little later than usually since I have a showing but I promise I'm going to get you as soon as I can. So wait in the library and after that we can go to get some ice cream." I rub his little cheeks while he smiles at me. "Sure! See you later." With that he just runs off leaving me stand there with a smile on my face.

I could see that the other kids were looking at him while the teachers were looking at me. They knew who we were. The whole town knew but I didn't care. People were always going to be disrespectful! I start to drive to work for now. I was working in the city as a real estate agent. Sure it wasn't that fun but it paid the bills. Especially when I had to pay for Ally's medical bills after she became sick. Thankfully we still live with her even though we moved in the Myers' house. It was a pain in the ass to repair. And thankfully neither my father or Dr. Loomis have ever tried to contact me in years.

I get in the office only to see that people were once again staring at me like I was the most hideous thing on the world. I get to my desk before login in. I see a piece of paper under my keyboard. I take it and read it only to see the "funny" nickname that my coworker Kate gave me. 'Devil's slut!'. I shake my head while I throw it in the trash. She acted like she was still attending high school. Besides she never got in trouble since she was the boss' favorite one.

"Hi (Y/n). Did you find my note?" Speaking of the devil here she comes. "I did. It's as funny as usual. I even forgot to laugh." I say to her which made her only huff. "You don't have to be so serious." She says smugly before she walks off to her desk. I shake my head as I continue with my paper work. This day was going to be as shitty as everyday. But perhaps some potential buyers would be interested to buy a house from the monster...

After one hellish workday I was picking up my little angel. He was waiting for me in front of the library with a paper in his hands. I park right in front of him and he gets in the car. "Hi sweety! How was your school day?" He gives me a little smile before he hands me the paper. "I draw this at art glass. Do you like it mommy?" With a smile I turn to look at the paper only to feel my heart drop by it.

It was me and him playing in the park but there was a figure standing in the distance. The figure was tall and had a ghostly white face. "It's l-lovely sweety but who is this?" I point at the figure with a shaky hand. He looks at it for a while before he just shrugs. "It's the angel who looks over us. I have seen him at night for a while now." He says innocently before he just takes the paper out of my hands and looks over it himself.

I feel my blood run cold. Could it really be? "That's so sweet. Where do you see him at night?" He hums for a while before he shrugs his shoulders. "I saw him at the beginning through the window by the forest line but last night he was right under my window mommy. I could see him and he would tilt his head at me." The innocence in him was so amazing but that thought only made my skin crawl.

"Well it's good to have a guardian angel right?" He nods in agreement as I start to drive back home. My thoughts were all over the place and I was lucky not to crash while I was thinking what he said. It was surreal! Was it someone who was only playing with us and was doing a cruel prank or was it really Michael who was back? After all these years that he has been gone? "Are we going to get ice cream?" I hear him say. "S-sure." With that, I just turn to get the ice cream.

"We are home!" Killian yells from the door as he runs to the house with his bag in his left hand and the ice cream in the other. I follow him with the paper in my hands. "Oh honey good to see you again!" Ally walks over to us with her rollator. She had become so weak in the last two years. I hear friendly meows as Toby and Sunny run over to greet us. Killian pats their heads before he walks over to the living room where he can finish his ice cream and watch cartoons. Ally happily joins him as I start to make the dinner.

I didn't even realize that I had put Killian to bed as I just lay on my bed while looking at the ceiling. I asked Ally if she had seen the figure when Killian was getting ready for the bed. She said that she didn't see anything and told me not to worry about it. It could be his imagination going wild since sometimes kids tell scary things to adults. She might be right but it didn't make me any uneasy about the situation.

"God dammit." I say before I lift the covers over my head so I could get some sleep before another shitty work day. However I couldn't get too much rest since I would toss and turn in the bed and wake up. The nightmares that I had too were awful. I turn to look at the clock beside my bed only to see that it was midnight. All this shit happened in two hours?! That's it! I'm going to go drink some hot cocoa.

My feet touch the cold floor as I get up from the bed and walk to the kitchen. It was so dark outside since it was already September. When I get to the kitchen, I feel a breeze in the house which made me annoyed. Of course it had to be cold! I probably left a window open. I get to the living room to see that all the windows were still closed. Now I was even more confused. Where did the cold air get in.

I hear Toby meow which made me turn to look at him. Then I saw him. Someone dressed exactly like Michael. He was holding Toby with one arm against his chests while the other was holding a bloody bag. I just stare at him for a while before I shake my head. "I must be dreaming. This isn't real." The figure tilts his head before he lets Toby jump off his arms. Toby runs off to Sunny who was sleeping on the couch.

He turns to look at the bag and lifts me the head of Kate. I feel like my heart was about to stop. The head was missing its eyes. "Michael?" I whisper as the figure nods to me slowly. He puts the head back to the bag and puts it on the table. He reaches for the white mask with a bloody hand and takes it off from his face. It was really Michael but he seemed to look tired. I lift my hands to my mouth as I feel tears fill my eyes.

"M-Michael!" I say to him before I run up to him. He wraps those bloody hands around me and holds me for a while. "I thought that I would never see you again. Never get to hold you again." He gives my forehead a kiss before he rests his head against mine. I didn't know how long we were holding each other while in the hug. And I didn't care. I finally got the love of my life back. "Why did you come back now? I didn't hear about your sisters death."

He lifts a note for me which I read quickly. "I came for the family. For Halloween." I feel my heart melt. He really cared about us, cared about Killian! "Mommy?" I hear our son's tired voice which made us turn to look at him. I smile at him before I take Michael's hand. "Killian. Do you want to meet your guardian angel? Your father?" I could see the curiosity in his eyes as he turns to look at Michael.

Michael was tilting his head before he walks over to Killian and grouches down in front of him. They were staring at each other for a while before Michael lifts his hand to the boy's cheek. Killian doesn't even flinch at the contact. He wasn't afraid. I couldn't help but to smile as Michael suddenly puts his forehead against Killian's. It was like they were communicating like that since Killian suddenly hugs Michael.

He lifts the boy in his arms before he walks over to me and stars to guide us towards the upstairs. We get to my bedroom where he removes his boots. He lays himself on the bed with Killian in his arms and motions for me to do the same. I smile as I get right next to him so I could hold them both. I could see that Killian was already sleeping. I smile before I close my eyes and fall asleep quickly. It was the best sleep that I have had in years. With my whole family.