Chapter 13

(Y/n)'s POV

"Sure!" I say to them and step back inside the house so I could go to the kitchen to wipe the table quickly. I could hear the door close behind them as they get inside. I walk to the table and take a towel from a hook on the wall and wipe the blood away. My parents walk to the living room which makes me sigh in relieve that they didn't come here. I put the towel in one of the cabinets where the other towels were. I'll wash it later.

I could see that Toby was giving his famous death stare to my dad who was just ignoring him. "Have you unpacked all of your things already?" My dad asked as he was looking at the furniture. "Yes. I already put everything to their place." I say to him and he nods quickly. "We hire some people to pack all of your things again so we could leave back home as quickly as possible." He says as he takes a picture of Toby from one of the shelves. Did he really think that I was going to leave? The fact that they came all this way here to get me didn't change anything. I was going to stay here.

"I'm not going anywhere." I say to him and he turns to look at me, anger forming on his face. "What?!" He yells at me and Toby hisses at him angrily. My dad turns to look at him as Toby was hissing at him, the hair on his back sticking up. "Stop that!" Dad yells at him as he stomps his foot down, right next to Toby. Toby jumped back and hissed at him again. His claws were out as he holds his other paw up so he could scratch him if he got any closer. "Stop! You are scaring him!" I yell at him as I walk to Toby and lift him in my arms.

Toby relaxes in my arm but the hate filled glare in his eyes didn't go away. "You can't come to my house to terrorize my pets or me!" He looks at Toby and he shakes his head. "If that cat attacks me again, I'll make sure it will be put down." He says as he sits on the armchair. Mom was sitting on the couch a little sad look in her eyes. "Both of you stop it already. We can talk about it." She said as I sat down next to her. I put Toby between us as he walks over to mom and lays down, right next to her.

Mom had a small smile on her lips as she starts to pet his soft fur. "Hi there Toby. Have you been a good boy?" She asked. Toby started to purr happily which made my dad even angrier than before. Suddenly the other cat comes out from her hiding place with a scared look on her face. Dad's gaze snaps to look at her, confusion written on his face. "(Y/n), you got another one?" He yelled at me again.

I take the cat in my arms and put her on my lap. "I didn't get anything. I found her and I'm going to look for her owners but if I can't find them then I'm going to keep her." I say to him and he rolls his eyes and shakes his head. I just ignore him and pet the cat's fur. "We are just worried about you! After we heard about your brother we can't help put to be worried." Mom said and I felt a sharp feeling of quilt in my chest. I could stand the feeling but I had to do it for Michael.

"I know that you are worried but you don't need to be. I'm totally fine here." I say to them but mom only puts her hand on my shoulder. "We worry about you all the time. You are just so important to us and we want only the best for you. So why not move back with us?" She said with a sweet smile. I smile back at her but then dad gets up from the armchair. "We won't talk about anything. You are coming back with us. You aren't going to stay in this place." He said as he walks over to the phone.

"Dad stop! I'm not going anywhere!" I yell at him but he doesn't listen to me. He starts to put some number on the phone but I just walk over to him and take the phone away from him. He looks at me, little shocked that I just did that when normally I would respect him. The anger starts to form on his face but his eyes shift to look at my throat. Confusion replaces the anger in his face. "What happened to you?" He asks as he lifts his hand to touch my neck.

I pull away from him, knowing that he has seen the faint bruises in my neck. "Nothing." I say to him while turning away so he couldn't see them. Dad puts his hand on my shoulder and spins me around, his hard gaze falling to my neck. "Who did this to you?" He asked, venom dripping from his voice. I push his hands away from my shoulder while sending him a glare. "No one!" I say sharply to him so he would drop the conversation.