Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s POV

I feel Michael shake my shoulder quite hard, making me groan out in annoyance. "Michael, it's too early. My alarm hasn't even gone off yet." I say to him and turn my head on the pillow. I hear him growl as he rips me off the bed and makes me sit up, facing him. I turn to look at him, angry about the rough wake up but then I see how light it was outside. I look at the clock and see that my alarm hadn't gone off i the morning. It was 9 a.m. already and I was an hour late from school.

"Shit!" I say and get up from the bed but Michael stops me. I look at his mask's dark eye holes, trying to read his emotions from his eyes but I couldn't see any emotions. "What now?" I ask from him but he shakes his head. I try to get up again but he pushes me down again. "Michael. I need to go!" I say to him but he shakes his head again. I look at him little angry. I wanted to go to school and work and yesterday he was okay with it but now he has changed his mind over night.

"You said that it would be okay with you. What are we supposed to do all day? You were gone almost the whole day yesterday. Today is my turn." I say to him but he shakes his head again. I look at him for a while only now noticing that he had Mark's clothes on. I take a deep breath in and out, calming myself and trying to forget him already. "Fine! I'll call in and say that I'm not coming. I think that they will understand because of Mark." I say to him and he just stares at me.

He hasn't told me anything from the hospital so maybe I could just ask him. But he doesn't speak so maybe he could write his answers. I try to get up from the bed but Michael pushes me to lay down again. "What is your problem?" I ask from him, confused that first he wants me to sit up and now he pushes me back down but he just lays down on me without answering. He rests his head on my chest to listen my heartbeat. I look at him with a blush on my face. Did something happen to him when he was out? He wraps his arms around my body and I start to worry that he wasn't okay.

"Why you are so clingy all of a sudden?" I wrap my arms around him and give his back a little rub. I wonder why he wears the mask all the time because I have seen his face already so there is nothing to hide anymore. I don't know when he came back here at night but I think that he is tired from last night. "You could have some alone time to sleep or do anything else if I go where I need to be." He shakes his head quickly and his hold around me tightens. I hiss and lift my other hand to rub his neck. "Okay. I'll stay but I have to go and make a call that I'm not going there for the rest of the week."

He gets up and lets me get out from under him. I walk over to the phone and call to my school and workplace. When I explained what happened recently they understood that I need some space to process everything that has happened. Besides I can't leave Michael when he was like this. I bet that he would follow me all over the town and I didn't want that to happen. When I was making those calls, I noticed that Michael's eyes were clued to me the whole time. That send a little shiver down to my spine so I decided to turn away from him.

It was little creepy but he was probably just curious. He doesn't seem to have many experiments in the outside world. Did they even do any rehabilitation works with him or even make him study anything? Or has the last time he had studied anything been fifteen years ago? It would just be really sad if that's the case. I end my last call and turn around to look at Michael. He was still watching me silently and I walk back to him.

"How are you feeling?" I ask from him and he tilts his head to the side, like he is confused. After a while of staring, he just gives me a little nod as to say that he's fine. I sit next to him and he lifts his hand to my neck and keeps it there. I look at him little confused but then he pushes me on the bed by my neck. I gasp for air when he lets go and I lift my own hands to rub my own neck. "What the hell was that?!" I ask from him, angry because of the pain. He just stares at me and shakes his head.