229. Torture Him Until He Tells Everything

“Consort Lou was poisoned! Quick! Quickly get doctors!”

After Consort Lou drank a bowl of soup, his palace was in a mess!

Soon, the Emperor quickly arrived. So did Shen Fangde.

It was tense in the air. But the banquet was about to begin!

Mo Yanzhi ordered two secret guards to carry the two children to the front hall of the palace.

“His majesty has arrived!”

“Long live the Emperor! Long live the Emperor!” Everyone kneeled down and chanted.

“Rise,” said Mo Yanzhi lightly.

Everyone stood up.

A servant shouted, “His majesty’s order, sit down.”

Everyone sat in their seats.

“Today is the crown prince’s one-month birthday. I am very happy. I hope everyone will join this with me,” said Mo Yanzhi after he sat down. He picked up a glass of wine and drank it.

The crowd replied in unison, “Share the happiness with his majesty. We wish his Highness live long.” Then they drunk along. No one dared to refuse to drink, regardless of she-men or he-men.

Mo Yanzhi did not stay at the banquet for long because there was worry in his eyes. After less than half an hour, he said, “Prince Xian, Prince Chen’s husband, you stay here to share this happy moment with the officials in my name. I need to go now. Officials, enjoy yourself.”

“Thank you, Your Majesty!”

After Mo Yanzhi left, some officals couldn’t help but whisper to one another.

“Why does the Emperor look like he has something on his mind?”

“That’s right. He said that he is happy with the celebration. Why did he leave so soon?”

“Yeah. We haven’t had a chance to have a look at the crown prince.”

“How could the noble crown prince come to this place?!”

“But it’s no harm to show him a little to us. Right?”

“…”

The officials whispered to one another, some of whom looked at each other and made a few gestures that only they could understand.

“Prince Chen’s husband…”

“Prince Xian…” Some officials had already come towards Han Tingxuan and Tian Yusu to see if they could get any information from them.

However, Han Tingxuan and Tian Yusu were so smart. How could they possibly let them get the information?

It had been a long time since the start of the banquet. Someone called out, “Ouch! My stomach hurts!”

Then, more and more people called out in pain.

Within a moment, many people fell by covering their stomachs with their hands.

Han Tingxuan and Tian Yusu were furious at this moment. “What’s going on?!”

However, not long after, their facial expressions changed. “Poison!”

“Quick! Get doctors!” Tian Yusu shouted loudly.

“Ah, I don’t want to die. What’s going on? Husband, please save me.”

Some male wives had already called out, but their husbands had been poisoned. They did not have time for them.

Some of the guards were in a mess and hurriedly called doctors and called for help.