233. Breakup

At night, in an inconspicuous inn in the Capital City of the Yue Empire.

Tian Yusu and his group had been staying there for a few days.

Yue Youlong found a serious problem. The Yue Empire seemed to be in turmoil.

It was a turmoil among the citizens or officials, but in the palace!

Yue Youlong was very anxious. When he left, his Emperor Father gave him a secret decree, telling him not go back the palace even if he came back with an alliance, unless he received an order.

At that time, he didn’t understand what this meant, but now he did.

His Emperor Father was already dealing with the matter of State Master.

However, the State Master had been in the Yue Empire for so long, and he knew some evil tricks. Would his Emperor Father be safe?

He didn’t know if the secret guards  could protect his father or if there would be any other spies.

Someone knocked on the door. Yue Youlong came back to his  senses. “Who is it?”

“Big Brother, it’s me,” Yue Youbai said outside the door.

Yue Youlong hurriedly opened the door. “Why are you here so late?”

Yue Youbai walked in. “You look preoccupied by some troubles for the past two days. So I want to see how you are doing.”

Yue Youlong sighed. “Grab a seat.”

Yue Youbai sat down by the table. “Big Brother, Emperor Father has already gotten back at the State Master, right?”

Yue Youlong sighed. “You are as sensitive as usual. Yes, I have the same doubt. Bai… I want to go into the palace.”

Yue Youbai shook his head. “Big Brother, you shouldn’t go. I’ll go.”

Yue Youlong was stunned. “You?”

Yue Youbai nodded. “We are familiar with the imperial palace. I am even more familiar than you. If I am caught, it won’t do anything different because I am a she-man. They might not even kill me because they would think of using me to threaten you. But you are different. Once you get caught,  you will be dead. Emperor Father must have said that you can’t go back to the palace, right?”

Yue Youlong was silent. Moments later, he still shook his head. “How can I let you go? I…”

“Big Brother, I’m just here to inform you,” Yue Youbai said softly.

Yue Youlong glared at him. “You…”

Yue Youbai stood up with a smile. “When I was young, Emperor Father loved me so much. Now that I am grown up, I should do something for Emperor Father, right?”

Yue Youlong paused, and Yue Youbai had already walked outside. After leaving the room, Yue Youbai started to think about how to tell Yang Shuo that he was going to do something risky.

He didn’t think about what to say when he walked back to his room. But he saw into Yang Shuo’s eyes.

Yue Youbai suddenly felt guilty. “You…I…I’m back.”

Yang Shuo stared at Yue Youbai. “Where did you go?”

“I just went to my big brother’s room,” Yue Youbai answered softly.

Yang Shuo nodded. “Your big brother… What’s wrong with him?”

Yue Youbai shook his head. “Nothing. We just had a chitchat.”