251. Return To City Of Capital

Han Tingxuan and the others did not rush back to the City of Capital from the border.  They travelled quite slowly along the way.

The family of the three had bonded increasingly close, especially Tian Zhuoqing. He was overly mature, but now he started to act like a genuine kid under the influence of Han Tingxuan!

On this day, in State of Song, although there were only three major cities in the Heavenly Empire, it was a small one among the twelve states.

Tian Zhuoqing had changed a lot along the way.

“Father, I want to eat sugarcoated haws,” said Tian Zhuoqing who knew to ask for things from not talking at all.

“Alright, you will have it,” Han Tingxuan would say yes to whatever his son wanted.

Even Mo Yanzhi was speechless.

Han Tingxuan bought three sticks of sugarcoated haws for the three of them.

Mo Yanzhi really did not like sweet food, but he didn’t want to be a bummer. He gave it a try and found it not bad.

Han Tingxuan enjoyed the sugarcoated haws with a smile.

When they walked on the busy street, Han Tingxuan and Mo Yanzhi held Tian Zhuoqing’s hands on each side.

Someone was playing juggling.

“Great! Bravo!” The onlookers cheered!

Han Tingxuan enjoyed the show, but Tian Zhuoqing frowned.

Han Tingxuan picked up his  son. “What’s wrong?”

Tian Zhuoqing said, “That person did not really swallow the sword. He is cheating!”

Han Tingxuan was speechless. It was just a performance. Of course, the man was not swallowing the sword! However, some of the surrounding people were looking at them suspiciously.

Two people in the show crew were also staring at them.

Han Tingxuan coughed and said, “Excuse us. He is a little boy. He doesn’t know what he is talking about.” Then he immediately took his son and his male wife away.

Tian Zhuoqing was even more confused. “Father, why should we run away?”

Han Tingxuan sighed. “Son, you almost ruined their business.”

Tian Zhuoqing pursed his lips. “That person is lying.”

“Yes, yes, it is a lie. But in this case, it is not a real lie. It is just for fun, understand?”

Tian Zhuoqing shook his head. “I don’t understand.”

Han Tingxuan had to explain, “This is their work. It doesn’t necessarily have to be true or deceptive. It’s a magic trick, mainly to please the public. Truth or not isn’t that important.”

Tian Zhuoqing was confused, “But why are people so happy to be fooled?”

Han Tingxuan smiled. “Because they come here to watch the show for fun.”

“Oh, is that so?” Tian Zhuoqing lowered his head.

Han Tingxuan kissed his son’s face. “Yes. Let’s go to a restaurant for lunch. We’ll leave after dinner.”

“Alright,” Tian Zhuoqing nodded obediently.

Just like that, they took one month and a half playing on the journey before returning to City of Capital.

Yang Shuo, Yue Youbai, Tian Yusu and Han have been waiting there long ago.

“You actually didn’t die!” Tian Yusu was so shocked, even if he had already received the news long ago.