19: Wrong Right

"And it looks like that's it." Zayn said as he peeked his head out of the back door of the store. "Yep. That's it. There is nothing out here. So... this is the place dad bought. What do you think?"

"It's... interesting."

"Why do you say it like that?" Zayn asked.

"Because it is interesting. The space is pretty cool. And I can think of some stuff you can do to make it appropriate for the neighborhood, decor wise. But other than that, I'm lost. I don't know anything about the business side."

"What about you, Benjamin? What do you think about Papa's new place?"

"Are you going to live here?"

Zayn chuckled.

"No. I'm going to stay at my house. This is a new business. Do you remember where you came with daddy when you picked up your coat?"

"Uh..."

"Well, it's like that place. It's a dry cleaners. So I might open a second dry cleaners and this will be the second place. Do you like it?"

"Does it have a bathroom to use?"

"Of course. We passed it earlier. It's just over there. See that open door?"

"Mhm."

"Go, buddy. And wash your hands."

"Zayn." Harry scolded.

"What?"

"You can't just send him in there alone."

"Why not? He's a big boy. He wipes himself, he uses the potty himself and he knows how to wash his hands himself."

"But he'll take forever in there."

"And that's okay. It's just us here. He'll be fine."

When Benjamin closed the bathroom door, Harry leaned against the front counter with a heavy sigh.

"So you're asking us for our opinion but what about you? Now that you've seen it, what do you think?"

"I think I'm still not ready to open a second business no matter how great of a neighborhood it's in. I'm not even running the business I have correctly. I still haven't solved this winter coat situation and it's been a month since it was brought to my attention. I'm not cut out for two businesses."

Harry tilted his head.

"Winter coat sutuation?"

"Somebody has been stealing my customers' winter coats."

"Really?"

"Yep. And it's been going on a couple years and only in the cold weather months. It's also the only type of item that has consistently gone missing."

"Hmm. And you have no idea who it is?"

"No clue."

"Well there is one clue."

"There is? What is it?"

"The fact that it's only winter coats and it's always in the winter. That tells me that they're not just a kleptomaniac. Obviously there is a purpose behind it. And to be honest, there are only two major reasons I can think of that someone would steal so many winter coats. One is to sell them for money since those are expensive. And the other is to help the needy. I do realize those two fall on completely opposite ends of the spectrum. But at least it gives you somewhere to start."

A huge smile grew on Zayn's face.

"You know what? That is a brilliant observation and I can't believe I didn't think about it that way. That totally narrows the personel down. Thank you."