26: Second Time

That day after Zayn and Harry reached an understanding about Benjamin and the things they would have to do to make sure he was safe, things instantly became better. For Zayn, he wasn't just being brave for Harry when he told him he would be there. He really meant it. The idea of Benjamin being born with the same exact functions as Harry didn't scare him. Because regardless of what his body could do, his fate wasn't sealed. He wasn't destined to follow his father's footsteps.

But Zayn could understand Harry's concern over it. Because at the end of the day, it was him who had a baby when the father of his child wasn't around. Not only was it probably scary, it was probably a little traumatic, being so young and already having to face being cut into and stapled closed.

Still, Zayn wanted to do all he could do to make Harry feel as comfortable as possible around him and to make things like the days of old again. And he felt like he was doing a good job too. Because two days later when Benjamin was off to spend the weekend with Gemma and Anne and it was just Harry and Zayn at Zayn's house for the entire weekend, Harry was incredibly happy. It was evident in his smile and his laugh. He was embracing starting over and he was jumping in it full force.

Harry was sitting in Zayn's bed and was in the middle of answering emails from his Mommy column readers when he heard Zayn come in the room. As soon as he saw him, he put his tablet down.

"You're finished doing business?" He asked

Zayn plopped down in the bed next to him with his phone in hand.

"Yep. Now I'm gonna relax."

"Relax?"

"Mhm."

Then music began to play through the room speakers. Harry smiled.

"You and your lofi beats."

"Can't live without them. They help relax my mind after a long day."

"Hmm. I bet. But does anything else help relax your mind?"

Zayn raised his brow.

"I mean yeah but the lofi beats are top tier. Why? You don't like it?"

"No, I like it. I just think I might know something else that tops that."

Now Zayn narrowed his eyes. Harry was obviously being suggestive. It was in the tone of his voice.

Before he could ask Harry to clarify, Harry sat his tablet off to the side and propped himself up on his knees next to Zayn.

"Can I be honest?"

"Yeah. Be honest."

"I'm ready to do more for you than just be here for you to see. I'm ready to make you feel good, the same way you felt on prom night."

Zayn hesitated. He wasn't expecting him to say that yet.

"Harry... I don't know."

"What?"

"You had a baby from that night. So maybe you don't want me to feel that good."

"Ha ha. Not funny."

"I'm not being funny. I'm serious. Are you sure you're really ready to do that with me again?"

"Do you have condoms?"

"Yeah but-"

"And I take birth control. So we're safe. Listen... I was having safe sex before we got back together and I'm not pregnant. So... why don't you man up, stop stalling and put your dick inside me already while I still want you to."

Afterwards, Harry got up to make a trip to the bathroom. Harry's straight forwardness really threw Zayn off, but the truth was with the way Harry was touching and kissing him much more intimately lately, he could see things heading in this direction. Therefore his concern was never if Harry wanted to. It was if he was ready to. And apparently he was.