37: Raw Fish

Zayn was in the back room at the dry cleaners a week and a half later. He had been going over the figures because he was finally going to order what he needed to remodel his two businesses. But he needed Louis' input. After all, he was the genius to come up with the theme in the first place.

So he stood up from his chair and left his office to ask Louis to come to his office. Except as he was making his way to the front, he noticed a familiar person walking up to the counter where Louis was and he hid behind the garment conveyor. What the hell was Liam doing here? Had he ever been here before? And if he hadn't, what was this strange coincidence?

"Hi." Louis said.

"Hi." Liam said.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah. Just a moment. Let me clock out and get my things."

As Louis walked past, Zayn walked with him and yanked him back towards his office.

"Whoa. Stop. What do you think you're doing?" He asked.

"Sorry if I hurt you. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You didn't hurt me. But I really would like to know why you just grabbed me like that. What's going on?"

"Oh..." He said.

He didn't want to seem like he was being nosy. But he had to tell him what he saw and heard.

"I know that man that just came in and talked to you."

He shrugged.

"Yeah, I figured you would know him."

"You figured I would?"

"Yeah. I mean Harry is the one who introduced me to him. So by default I figured you would know him."

Zayn raised his brow.

"Wait. Harry introduced you to Liam? My Harry?"

"Duh." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Your Harry."

Zayn scratched his head. Clearly he was confused.

"When did this happen?"

"A week and a half ago, I think. He came up to me after work one day and he told me that he knew someone who might want to go out with me. So I agreed."

"Wow..."

"What?" Louis asked.

"Nothing. I was just thinking. You do know Liam is like thirty two years old, right?"

"Of course I know that. We had a conversation on the phone the other night. And he told me a lot of things. About hinself, his family, his life. Where he works. What he's into. He's a really great guy. And what I like the most is that he's really mature. And that's something I need."

Zayn folded his arms and just stared at Louis. And the way he looked at him made Louis suspicious.

"Hold up. You're not saying this because you're jealous, are you?"

Zayn quickly waved his hands at him.

"No. Absolutely not. I am not jealous. No."

"Then why are you worried about who I'm seeing?"

"I'm not worried about who you're seeing. I just want to make sure that you are happy. I don't want you to jump into anything just because I hurt you."

"Trust me, Zayn. I'm not jumping into anything. I'm moving slow and he said he is willing to move slow with me and not expect anything out of me. So I'm going to date him and we're going to see how it goes."