35: Favorite Bourbon

"So basically, those are all our options, Harry. Remember price is no worry. But whatever we do, let's make sure that when we sell the books, we sell enough to make a profit on what we paid for."

Harry looked at the paper in his hand.

"But also we have to make sure it's affordable. What's the point of education if it costs too much to access it?"

"True."

"So we have to be reasonable, Liam."

He nodded.

"Well we know hardback covers to make sure it's durable."

"Check."

"But let's figure out what kind of paper we want everything printed on."

At that moment, a phone rang. It was Harry's.

"Do you mind?"

"No. Go ahead."

He answered it.

"Hello?...... Hey..... Oh, nothing. Liam and I are going over some costs for my book...... He's fine too. He already ate lunch so he's down for his after lunch nap. What are you up to?...... Sure. Go ahead......I think that's a fun idea, babe. We should do that. He'll love it...... That sounds perfect. Let's meet up at your place....... Okay. Love you..... Bye."

He hung up the phone and put it back down.

"Zayn?" Liam asked.

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"Well you said 'I love you.' Also your smile gave it away."

"My smile? I'm that obvious?"

"Yes. But it's a good thing. You're happy. How long have you two been in this relationship now?"

"Two months and some."

"Wow. Time is really passing."

"It is. Still hasn't been as long as it was in high school though."

"You'll get there. You'll even surpass it because you've got what takes to do it. And I don't mean Benjamin. A lot of people have children together and still don't work out. But you have something real. You have love and trust and honesty. Things that are important to have in order to sustain a relationship."

"Hmm. I guess you're right."

"I am. And to be honest, seeing you and Zayn has made me think about myself a lot. You are only twenty two. You two still have decisions to make. And in no way am I'm saying my time for decision making his over. I'm only ten years older than you. But our options do get fewer as we age and I am not the exception in that regard."

Harry thought back to their time together.

"Without me, do you still get lonely?"

"Of course I do. But I don't think I want to use sex to cure it the way I did in the past."

"What do you want to use then?"

"I don't want to use anything. I don't want a temporary fix anymore. I think I want something real. An actual relationship that sex is just a component of. Not the entire thing."

Harry was intrigued.

"Wow. Professor Payne want's a real relationship?"

"Nope. Not Professor Payne. Liam. I don't want anyone affiliated with my job or what I do. I just want someone who will meet me for the first time and call me Liam. That's it."

Harry chuckled quietly.

"You have anyone in mind?"

"No. I haven't had much time to look around. I've been so busy."