30: Abstract Concepts

It was a very warm and rainy Saturday. And that made sense. After all it was the middle of April.

Zayn was in the kitchen making dinner in his underwear. Lofi beats played over the house speakers and he leaned over the pot to taste the tomato sauce. It was savory.

"Mmm. That's good. You've outdone yourself, Zayn." He said to himself.

He flung a towel over his shoulder then poured strained pasta over into a dish. Soon after, he spooned sauce and sprinkled lots of cheese on top. It was now ready to go into the oven.

So he opened the oven and put the dish inside. But just as he was setting a timer on the oven, the doorbell rang. He wasn't sure who would be showing up this time of night when he wasn't expecting anyone. So he took the liberty to check the security app on his phone to be sure. He was shocked to see Louis.

After snatching the towel from his shoulder and quickly wiping his hands, he rushed to the door.

But when he swung it open, he was even more shocked to see an annoyed Louis soaking wet and muddy.

"What the hell? What happened to you?"

"Well... I was trying to rush up to the front door to get out of the rain. But I tripped over that stupid step that leads up to your pathway and I fell over into your flowerbed. I think I smashed a few flowers."

Zayn helped him inside.

"Nevermind the flowers. Are you okay?"

"Aside from being soaked to my underwear, I think I'm fine."

Zayn chuckled as he closed and locked the door.

"Damn. How do you do that? You've been here many times."

"You'd be surprised how careless you get when you're rushing to get out of the rain. It's really coming down."

"I know." He looked Louis up and down.

"Now we have to see what to do about those wet and dirty clothes. Because I can't let you go any further like this. Can't let you get in your car and go home like this either."

"Yeah, I kind of need a shower."

"Hmm. Wait here."

Louis stood in place and waited patiently. A few minutes later, Zayn returned.

"Get out of everything except your underwear. I'll put a change of clothes in the bathroom for you. When you get there, you can take off your underwear and throw them outside of the door so I can wash them with the other stuff."

"Eh... is one of the items of clothing a pair of your underwear?"

"Well yeah. I can't really offer you a brand new pair. I'm not a department store."

"Zayn, I like you and all. But I am not wearing your underwear. Don't you have something I can just cover over with for now?"

"I think I have an old robe I don't use anymore."

"I'll take that."

"Fine. But if you're not wearing underwear, I'm taking my clothes back. You'll just have to wear the robe until your clothes are done."

"Cool with me."

"Good. Go ahead and change out of your outter clothes like I said. And call me when your stuff is in the hallway."

Louis had started to undress before Zayn left, so he quickly darted out of the foyer and went to his bedroom to change into more suitable clothing for company.

Abstract Concepts had just started playing the moment he reached his bedroom. He was very confused. Why did Louis show up at his house around dinner time out of the blue like this? And what was so important that he risked showing up here in the pouring rain? There had to be a reason and he wanted to know it.