27: Father, Son

"You look different." Harry heard the next day from Niall who'd dropped by to see him.

He was back home now and so was Benjamin but Benjamin was currently taking a nap.

"Different?"

"Yeah. Happier. I don't know if I'm right or not but something tells me you must have had a sexually satisfying weekend with Zayn."

Harry gasped.

"Niall. Lower your voice."

"So that's a yes?"

"It's neither a yes or a no. Why are you asking me personal stuff?"

"Because I'm nosy. Don't you know me by now?"

"It doesn't matter if I know you. I still expect you to extend the same courtesy I give you. I never ask you personal questions about you and Dylan."

"True. But if you did, I wouldn't care because I consider myself a friend to you. I would tell you anything. You know that. Besides, it's not like I don't already have sex. Otherwise, how else would I be able to just look at you and tell that you did?"

Harry sighed and pulled his feet up on the couch.

"You are so annoying. You know that?"

"I know that."

Harry smiled.

"But it was really great. He was so passionate and perfect. And then afterwards, he was worried about the condom. He kept asking me if I felt anything. I didn't. But of course he still worries so I have to keep reminding him I take birth control. Eventually he got it and we showered together."

"Sounds like it all went smoothly then."

"It did. But..."

"But?"

"There was a moment where... he asked me about telling our families about us."

Niall lit up with excitement.

"Oh really?"

Harry frowned.

"Why are you happy? That's not a good thing."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm still not ready to do that. That's big news that I'm still not sure how they will take it. I'm perfectly okay with keeping it between us the way we have been."

"Okay, but wasn't that when he was just fulfilling his fatherly duties by coming by to see Benjamin? That's much different from you and him dating and having sex. And think about it this way, if he's asking you about it, it probably means he really wants to tell his parents about you and the son you have together. So he must think this time it's going to work out. He must want it to."

"I want it to too."

"Well then you better start planning to tell your family. Because I seriously doubt it will continue to work out if you don't."

Harry inhaled and exhaled now. That was the first time he had ever considered that. Mayne for Zayn, it was about more than himself or what his parent might think. Maybe Zayn just wanted to share his newfound family with other important people in his life. That definitely wasn't a bad thing. Which in that case, maybe Harry should start to think about learning from him and doing the same.

➡️ ➡️ ➡️

Today was Saturday. But it wasn't just any Saturday. It happened to be the first weekend Zayn got to have Benjamin spend the night at his place without Harry.