Insert One

Being a mom is a full-time job no matter how old your kids are, you'll always be a mom. I'm woken up by Landokuhle's cries, I get up to attend to her but Muzi stops me

Muzi: "Relax baby. I'll get her." I don't need to be told twice, I go back to bed and sleep. Not long after closing my eyes, I feel little cold hands holding my face and a kiss on the forehead follows, he gets that from his father.

Mnqobi: "Mama. Wake up sthandwa sami." I giggle and pull him in for a hug.

Muzi: "Mnqobi you are too old for this hawu." I hear his voice.

Me: "Leave my baby alone Muzi." He laughs and gets in bed with the baby as he hands her to me.

Muzi: "I think she missed you."

Me: "uyatefa lo. Mnqobi go take a bath so you won't be late for school." He whines.

Mnqobi: "hawu mamam can't I skip today only?"

Me: "No Mnqobi hambo'geza!" He storms off angrily.

Me: "he's got a nasty attitude like you." I say looking at him. He laughs then kisses me goodbye and goes to work. I place Lando on the bed as she has fallen asleep. I take a quick shower and get dressed in a mid-thigh maxi dress and sleepers since I'm not going to the office today. I go downstairs to the kitchen and start preparing breakfast. Mnqobi comes down the stairs with his bag.

Me: "Where's your sister?"

Mnqobi: "Angazi." He answers uninterestedly.

Me: "Ngizokukhaba mina Mnqobi cause you know school is important." I don't understand my son's hate for school, we always fight about school. If he doesn't cause problems or get suspended then he doesn't want to go and I have to threaten him or spank him sometimes.

Ndabe: "morning mommy."

Me: "Hey baby." I peck her lips.

Ndabe: "Bro bro wussup?" They fistbump. I go back to my bedroom and take Lando to our helper then clean around a bit my bedroom since I'm the only one who cleans my bedroom.

Me: "Let's go." I drop off Mnqobi first. I'm now driving Ndabe to her school.

Ndabe: "mamam can I please pretty please sleep at Tanya's house today?"

Me: "No your sisters are coming home." She huffs and gets off after I park the car.

Ndabe: "Bye." She runs off. I drive back home. I thoroughly cleaned my bedroom. Ma'Vee comes to give me my baby. Since I'm bored I decided to visit my mother. I buckle my baby up then drive off to Morningside. I park my car in the driveway and take my baby and her bag. I open the door and I hear my cousin's voice.

Ntoko: "Hey cuzzy." She kisses my cheek and takes the baby.

Me: "hawu. All that excitement isn't for me Kanti?"

Ntoko: "Psshh udume ngani?" I show her my middle finger.

Me: "Where's my mother cause I know she'll be happy to see me?" As of cue Mom comes and hugs me tight and kisses my cheeks pulling them softly.

Mom: "How are you baby?"

Me: "I'm good mah. I missed you." I hug her again, she giggles as she breaks the hug and wipes my face. Ntoko laughs at me. Yeah, I'm a crybaby like that.