Insert Six

×××Ndabezinhle's POV×××

Mom is driving home and I'm cuddling sis'Zamo in the backseat.

Me: "Mom can I please have a McDonalds meal."

Mom: "Anginayo imali Ndabe besides we have food at home." Yoh ay black parents!!

Sis'Zamo: "I'll order for you when we get home."

Sis'Zamo stays true to her words when we get home, she orders for everyone except the parents. We now sitting in the lounge watching a movie. I have my warm tracksuit with a gown on top and a throw covering me. Yup, Mom is so dramatic!!

Mom: "Ohh so thina vele we don't get anything?" She asks walking in with Dad.

Sis'Zamo: "Angithi you said there's food here, thina we didn't want homemade food but McDonald's so eat your food with your husband, shame." We laugh at Mom's dramatic shocked expression. Even Landokuhle has her Nuggets kiddies meal.

Dad: "Fine. Keep it that way."

Mom: "Ntandwenhle switch off that movie, we have to talk."

Khanyi: "Us included?"

Mom: "Yes everyone. I want us to have a heart-to-heart talk and confessions. If you have things that you don't like esiyenzayo then speak even if it's done by me and your father or you wanna confess something, say it now"

Mnqobi: "Can I go first?"

Dad: "Sure."

Mnqobi: "I don't like y'all making me go to school even when I don't want to."

Mom: "angidlali lana Mnqobi."

Mnqobi: "nami I'm serious mama." I seriously feel like laughing.

Mom: "That'll happen once you have your own house and if awuthandi, you can go live in the bundus with your other grandparents." Mnqobi frowns.

Mnqobi: "Nope I'm staying here and I'll go to school." I giggle.

Khanya: "I have a confession to make. I dropped my LLB course last year cause I didn't like it and I've been doing Fashion Design and this year is my second year."

Dad: "Ini?"

Mom: "Baby you promised to keep calm." He huffs.

Dad: "Fine"

Mom: "Good. Thembelihle." I wish she didn't yazi.

Me: "mah?"

Mom: "Anything you'd like to say?" I nod playing with my fingers.

Me: "I'm not a virgin anymore." Everyone looks at me.

Dad: "Angizwanga!!?!!" He roars

Mom: "Mnqobi take your little sister to the playroom."

Dad: "Thembelihle indlela yokuziphatha leyo? Uziphathisa okonondindwa? If you thought you were woman enough to sleep with boys then surely you can take your things and leave my house. I won't have a daughter eyisfebe ecabanga ukuthi izoyenza umathanda."

Mom: "ENOUGH MUZI !!! What Ndabezinhle did isn't something to be proud of kodwa there was no reason for you to insult my child like that, kuyafana nokuthi you insulting me and my womb Muzi. Now calm the fuck down or just shut up if you can't handle the heat." I've never heard my mom swear before.

Sis'Zamo: "I'm engaged."

Mom: "Congratulations baby." She hugs her. We all congratulate her.

Khanyi: "I have a 1-year-old daughter." What!!!

Mom: "Wow" she whispers and goes to the kitchen and comes back after a while.

Khanyi: "I'm sorry mama nobaba."

Mom: "We'll talk."

Me: "There's something that has been bothering me. I always feel left out or unwelcome whenever we have our Daddy & girls' Day. I've always felt like Dad doesn't love nor like me so much."

Dad: "So you want me to clap my hands for the filthy nonsense you did? But what did I expect, I'm not so surprised." He storms off angrily to the kitchen and Mom follows him. I can feel the lump in my throat choking me and it's too painful. I feel tears burn my eyes but I keep my head down. The voices in my head are telling me that *I'm not worthy. I'm useless. I deserve this kind of treatment from my father.* they keep quiet when I hear my parent's voices rising which means they are fighting.