Insert Thirteen

***Noluthando's pov***

Muzi has been distant since he came back from the U.S. I was busy reading a book in bed while Muzi was showering. The kids are all at my parents place for the week so it's very quiet around the house and I'm not complaining. Muzi's phone disturbs me from my reading as it rings next to me.

Me : "Babe! Your phone's ringing"  he doesn't answer so I  assume he didn't hear me. I answer the call.

........: "Baba kaSthelo It's time. I'm in pain please. The kids are not here , I'm all alone. Please make a plan fast."

Me : "uhh who's this?"

She hangs up. Uhhh what the hell? Why would she call Muzi babaKaSthelo because as far as I'm concerned I do not have a child by the name Sthelo. A message pings on his phone. **I told you to guard your phone always and now your ice queen stuck up of a wife answered your phone. Now you better get your stupid ass to my house fast.**  I keep quiet and leave his phone like that. He comes out of the bathroom.

Me : "your phone was ringing sthandwa sami."

Him : "oh who was it?"  Ehhh.

Me : "MakaSthelo baby I think."  I answer looking in his eyes through the mirror but he can't keep his still.

Him : "oh utheni?"   The nerve bazalwane!!!

Me : "athi it's time."  He lotions his body fast and gets dressed in tracksuits and takkies.

Him : "yazi baby , I forgot to buy strawberries for Landokuhle and Mihlali."  I keep quiet and just look at him running around grabbing his car keys and phone from the bedside table. He pecks my lips and runs out. I just lock the bedroom and get under the covers and sleep.

***next day***

I wake up alone and sigh. I go take a long shower. I get dressed in jeans and a yellow sweater with white airmax takkies , I leave my afro hanging. I take my small backpack bag and put my phone , car keys and then go downstairs. I make myself a cup of coffee. The house is too quiet , I miss my kids mina. Muzi walks in through the kitchen door still in his tracksuits and he looks shocked to see me sitting by the barstools. I don't say anything to him but watch him walk to me. He stands close to me and when I look into his eyes I notice that he has been crying and I'm immediately alarmed.

Muzi : "I'm sorry I only came back now baby."

Me : "yhini? What's wrong?"

Muzi : "nothing serious baby. I was just drinking." I nod not believing his lies.

Me : "okay. I might go over to my mother's place."

Muzi : "ohh when will you be back?"

Me : "I'm not sure , maybe I'll even sleepover."

I put my cup in the sink and take my bag then walk out. When in my car , I check on the tracing app , that keeps tabs on our cars location. Muzi was stupid enough to use my car for his stupid shenanigans last night so I was able to locate where my car was yesterday and it confirms that he was in Mediclinic in Asheville , now my question is what was he doing there. I hate to do this but I have to.

I drive to the mall and option for Wimpy for some scrumptious breakfast , I honestly love food from wimpy not that it's the best thing but I just love it. When my order comes , I contact a friend who is a Private investigator.

*****************
Phumla : "Thando oe."

Thando : "Hey Phum. I need a favor."

Phumla : "anything for you my friend."

Thando : "I need you to trace someone's whereabouts last night , I already sent you his last location."

Phumla : "Let me check. Hold."

Me : "sure."

Phumla : "Your husband!!?!"

Me : "Phumla."

Phumla : "okay fine. Give me two hours."

****************

I pay the bill and just go shop a little. I receive a call from sister-in-law , Lindiwe.

Me : "Linds."  She laughs.

Lindi : "kahle where are you? I wanna take you out."

Me : "really? Ngaze nganenhlanhla bo!"

Lindi : "phela ngizokuyeka mina and stay with my man."

Me : "let's meet in Sandton Mall."

Lindi : "okay I'll be there shortly." She cuts the call.

*****************
I walk to my car and load the bags that I have and just wait in my car. She texts me to meet her at Rocomamas. I head there , she waves her hand by the corner table. We hug then sit.

Lindi : "I never thought I'd say this but I missed you shame"

Me : "I know , I mean who wouldn't miss me?"  She laughs. By the way she is only a year younger than me.

Lindi : "where are my kids? Are they good?"

Me : "you said you wanted to take me out right?"

Lindi : "eh yeah?"

Me : "then it's about me not your brother's rascals."  She laughs at me.

Lindi : "are we jealous now?"

Me : "no but they frustrating sometimes but I miss them."

Lindi : "sebekwenzen?" 

I start telling her what has been happening the last couple of months from the confession day to meeeting Khanyisa's child besides the rape saga.

Lindi : "Aibo! Khanyisa has a child?"

Me : "I'm telling you oe and this festive season they all off to Pietermaritzburg and uKhanyisa has to explain herself to uBab'Dlamini."

Lindi : "yoh dad will kill her.! Hheh oZamo sebeyashada!" 

Me : "ngigugile manje oe."  We laugh.

After that lunch , we go shopping ; from clothes to lingeries and shoes and handbags. We then take a little stroll around and get ice cream then go our separate ways.

Arriving in my house I enter through the kitchen door and take out my shoes and walk barefoot to the lounge. Muzi's back is facing the kitchen so he doesn't see me and it seems like he's on a video call , I bend to kiss his cheek and I see three kids before he quickly tosses the phone next to him.

Me : "hey love." 

Muzi : "babe!"  He sounds alarmed.

Me : "who were you talking to?"

Muzi : "The kids."

Me : "mmmmh"

We end up ordering in and cuddle.