Insert Nineteen

~#NARRATED~

Leaving these hospital walls wasn't something on his mind at the moment. He still wished to fix things with his wife right after she recovers but he soon heaved a sigh thinking about the woman he allowed in their lives who has become a nuisance and curse to him. He loved all his children the same no doubt about that and he was determined to become a full fitted father who was present in his children's lives.

......... : "sorry sir."  He stands up acknowledging the doctor who has been useless to him , constantly advising him to switch off the machines as there no hope for the mother of his children who has been lying in that coma for a whole eight months.

Muzi : "yes Khan?"

Dr Khan : "Your wife has been moved to a normal ward since she started breathing on her own this morning."

Muzi : "are you serious?"

Dr Khan : "Yes. You may go through and see her."  He didn't have to be told twice.

After sometime he walks out and drives to Noluthando's house to see his kids and share the good news. The kids had been living with their mother's parents in their mother's house ever since the incident. He walks in , finding his daughter and granddaughter playing on the play mat in the lounge with their grandfather looking after them.

Muzi : "Sanibona Baba."

Bab'Luthuli : "Ndodana."

Muzi : "I just came back from the hospital and the doctor said there is progress. uThando can breathe on her own so she's out of coma."

Ma'Luthuli : "Oh Nkosi yami ! Are you sure baba?"

Muzi : "Yebo. I'll giveyou more feedback when I'm there."

Bab'Luthuli : "Please Ndodana."

He checks up on his kids in their rooms and left for hospital again.

Dr Ndlovu : "Good thing you here sir. Your wife is awake and she is healed without amy complications and that's a miracle because we expected her to suffer memory loss when she wakes up."

Muzi : "Thank you so much." He says already jogging to her ward. He finds her with her eyes closed. He smiles and goes over to kiss her forehead.

Nolu : "I don't think people do that to their ex's."  She jokes in her husky voice making Muzi smile.

Muzi : "I was scared. The kids were scared even our parents. The doctors had already lost hope , they wanted us to switch off the machines. Please don't do that again."  He wipes his tears vigorously.

Nolu : "I'm sorry."

Muzi : "I wasn't going to handle facing our kids alone if you died."

Nolu : "I too wouldn't handle leaving my kids in this world alone. Muzi please tell your wife , babymama ir whatever she is to you ukuthi I'm coming for her and she better watch her back."   Muzi stares at her in utter shock.

Muzi : "No baby *chuckles* I understand you hate her but I don't think she would do that."

Nolu : *laughs in mock* "so wena uthi I'm accusing your wife? Muzi when have I ever had enemies? Who would want to go to such lengths just to prove their point or she wanted me dead so you'd stop being hung up on me."

_Meanwhile....._

Nandipha waa on a call with Sgantsontso.

*****************
Sga : "I have given you more than enough time to pay my money but wena you think you clever heh? Making me a fool?"

Nandi : "I said I'll give you kanti yini?"

Sga : "I don't have time anymore. Just watch your back."

Nandi : "You never finished the job okok'qala and you won't be getting your full amount."

Sga : "Hmm" he drops the call.

***********************
She dials the police.

10111 : "This is 10111 , how can we help you?"

Nandi : "Hi. I know someone who was involved in the shooting of a woman eight months ago."

10111 : "Khuluma phela sisi. Siyasebenza thina!"

Nandi : "It's Sgantsontso. A local thug."

10111 : "we will require you to come up to the station and give your statement."

Nandi : "okay. Thank you."  The call drops.

****************************
"So you decide to be quiet with such information?"  She turns terrified at his voice.

Nandi : "Baby?"

Muzi : "where are my kids?"