Insert Three

×××Noluthando's pov×××

I carefully placed Ndabe on her pillow and tucked her in properly. I don't know how I never noticed Muzi's behavior towards her. I go back to my room and I find Muzi getting ready for bed. I ignore him and proceed to the shower. I wear my nightdress and get in bed.

Muzi: "Did I do something wrong?" He asks as I sleep on my pillow tonight.

Me: "No. Leave me alone."

Muzi: "hawu baby."

Me: "Muzi angithandi lento yakho of ignoring Ndabezinhle's existence."

Muzi: "hhaibo baby I'd never do that."

Me: "So mina I'm hallucinating whenever I see you comparing her to her sisters or always making her seem like a failure? Has she ever heard an 'I love you' or 'I'm proud of you' from you Muziwokuthula Dlamini? Come on, be sympathizing with the girl. She's BEEN trying to prove herself to you but all you do is ignore her or entertain all your other kids besides her. So please awube umzali oqotho. If treating all your kids the same is so difficult for you then please tell me and I'll gladly be the father and mother, I've done it before so it won't be a big deal. " I turn my back against him and sleep.

Waking up in the morning, Muzi isn't in bed so I go take a shower and wear something warm since the weather is bad. I go prepare Mnqobi for school.

Mnqobi: "Mama I want to wear my shorts today." Yazi uMnqobi is always looking for trouble.

Me: "Mnqobi ngizokushaya ngoba phela uyabona ukuthi the weather isn't kind today so you have to be warm." He rolls his eyes, I pinch him. I take his bag and we walk downstairs where we find Muzi making breakfast with the twins while playing around.

Khanya: "Morning momma." She kisses my cheek.

Khanyi: "morning mom." She also kisses my cheek.

Mnqobi: "So I'm invisible?" I laugh.

Twins: "Sorry Nqobs." They fistbump.

Mnqobi: "When are y'all leaving?"

Khanya: "You want us gone already?"

Mnqobi: "No I'm just asking," he says giggling.

Khanyi: "Sunday." Ndabe walks down the stairs wearing her short blue and white tunic dress uniform.

Me: "Go and wear tracksuits kubanda kabi emnyango." She goes back and comes back shortly changed with her schoolbag. Nomzamo joins us with Lando in her arms.

Zamo: "Mama can I take Landokuhle with me to my apartment for the whole of next week?"

Mnqobi: "If you take her then you taking us too, me and Ndabe that is. We are a package phela." I laugh

Zamo: "Okay fine! So mah?"

Me: "I'll think about it."

I take the two rascals to school and drive to the office after.
_____

Zusi: "Good morning maDlamini." I smile.

Me: "Good morning nawe KaMnguni."

Zusi: " You should've just stayed home and cuddled with your baby and husband cause you don't have any meetings today."

Me: "Ah I don't have a husband or an infant since the older girls are home." She laughs and later comes back with my coffee and two chocolate muffins.

Halfway through the paperwork I was doing, Nomzamo lets herself in carrying Lando.

Me: "What brings y'all here?"

Zamo: "We were bored at home, dad and the twins went to his office then the mall."

Me: "Oh really?"

Zamo: "Momma what's going on between wena noBaba? I noticed the tension even this morning and I thought y'all don't sleep without solving your issues."

Me: "Don't worry about it, baby. We'll be fine."