Insert Sixteen

***Khanyisa's pov***

One of Mkhulu's drivers was driving us home and I must say he's good-looking. He looks young too.

Khanya : "Don't even think about it."

Me : "ngitheni?"

Khanya : "I know you drooling over him but he's cute yena."

Driver : "we here."

We thank him and walk inside , with the toddlers taking their own sweet time. Oh yes my baby can walk now. We find mom reading a magazine in the lounge, with a glass of wine and a bowl of something next to her.

Mom : "Hey babies." She puts everything aside and kisses the toddlers.

Mnqobi : "mom , are we invisible?" 

Mom : "Angithi nina y'all grown ups manje?" 

Mnqobi : "aibo sthandwa sami."  He sulks throwing himself on mom. Mnqobi is a low-key mama's boy just that he's always making it seem like he is tough.

Dad walks in with two girls and a boy. The girls look roughly Ndabezinhle's age and the boy almost Mnqobi if not younger. Mom looks shocked and hurt.

Mom : "Cha uyang'delela Muziwokuthula!"

Muzi : "I'm sorry baby but I couldn't leave them behind since their mother is in hospital."

Mom : "Not even your parents house but MY HOUSE?! MY HOUSE MUZI??! Nxx. It's over. I'm done with this sham of a marriage mina Muzi. I can't keep forgiving you for all your nonsense that is constantly breaking me and stealing me away from my kids! I want a divorce!"   Aybo kanti what's going on?!

Dad : "baby please."

Mom : "cha Muzi , don't make this harder than it already is. We getting a divorce and it'll be much easier for you to focus on your new wife."  She walks out.

Dad : "I'm sorry you guys had to see us arguing today."

Ndabe : "that wasn't your usual 'married couple' arguments."

Dad : "don't mind that. So guys these here are your siblings , this is Ntandoyenkosi and she's 18 , this is Melokuhle and she is 15 and then Sthelosethu is 9."

Ndabe : "mxm."  She walks out,  followed by Mnqobi.

Khanya : "so wena baba all our lives you've been leading a double life? While umama suffered with maintaining everything alone while she thought you was out making money kanti wena you were with your second family? I've seen mom's efforts layikhaya and wena baba you do this? Then you tell us guys should treat us special like you do? I hate you for breaking our family."  She walks out too.

Me : "I hate you for doing mom this dirty."

Ntando : "oh come on , atleast he respected her enough to keep it to himself all these years. What about us and how we felt when we watched him from afar loving and living happily with you guys? Huh? Now y'all out here making dad a bad person. Hhayi kahlen bo the world isn't yours and it certainly doesn't revolve or owe y'all anything."

Me : "lalela ke babygirl. You won't come into my mother's house , our home as HER kids and speak such nonsense when you don't know shit about what , where and how they've been together. You learn to stay in your lane and speak when you spoken to , didn't your mother teach you that or your father here? I'll tell you this once and once only I don't care nor am I bothered by what you just said , I'll kick your ass so hard that you'll spin your way home ntombazana , ngimdala kabi mangingaka." I walk out and turn by the start of the staircase

Me : "oh and tell your mom , I said Goodluck in keeping his man steady."

Dad : "Khanyisa ngizokushaya."

I just ignore him and walk upstairs to the parent's bedroom but I don't find her. I look for her in the nursery but I find the babies asleep. I finally find her in Mnqobi's room cuddling with Mnqobi so I join them.

Mnqobi : "hhayi sisi why you disturbing us? You have your own twin."

Mom : "Hhayi Langa , she's also my baby."  I poke my head from mom's chest and stick my tongue out to Mnqobi who frowns. Khanya also joins us and sleeps on mom since we on either sides with Mnqobi.