Ssn2 : Insert Ten

***Nomzamo's pov***

There are people still in the yard drinking and eating meat as I walk to my parents house where I find all my siblings watching tv in the lounge.

Me : "Where is mama?" I ask taking a very quiet Lando in my arms , I'm sure she's this quiet because her partner Mihlali isn't here , she left with her father.

Ndabe : "In their bedroom."  I walk there and knock then let myself in. I find her sleeping clutching on her pillow. She stirs and opens her eyes.

Mom : "Hey babies."  She says sitting up. She looks tired.

Me : "You look so tired my love."

Mom : "I am. I just want to go back to my house mina manje." She takes Lando from me.

Me : "I too." 

Mom : "Nimenzeni umntanam wathula kanje?"

Me : "Akekho phela uHlali."  She giggles.

Mom : "I don't feel too good , it's like something might happen."

Me : "Should I call dad?"

Mom : "No but you guys don't leave this house y'all are sleeping here so tell your siblings."  I nod.

Me : "okay."  Dad walks in looking so angry , he just gets in bed next to mom and snuggles on her , I take Lando so mom can hold him. 

Mom : "Yini baby? What and who made you so upset?"

Dad : "Nxx yazi if I see Zethu , I will kill her"

Mom : "Wenzeni?"

Dad : "She just said I must be ready to be a widower since she gave you something , I don't know what she said after that cause I only saw red."

Mom : "so she thinks she'll kill me? She must Nandipha and Sphamandla what happens if you try to touch me."  Dad clears his throat.

Mom : "What?"

Dad : "Did you eat anything served by the kids."

Mom : "No umah gave me food. Oh and uMnqobi came here with a plate of food athi he was given by uAunty but then uLethu came running and hit the plate off Mnqobi's hands."

Dad : "wow."

Mom : "What?"

Dad : "Don't you see it baby?"

Mom : "ini?"

Dad : "we'll talk about this later , for now let me go and get more braai meat for my wife and kids."  He kisses mom and leaves. The way he was calm when he walked out now you'd swear he wasn't about to burst with anger when he walked. Ya neh , I also want someone who'll see me as his peace and sanctuary after a shitty situation or day.

Mom : "I miss my rascals kanti baphi?"

Me : "they are all in the lounge."

Mom : "let's go."  We go join them in the lounge and watch movies until dad comes back with two big containers with meat and pap. We all sit on the floor and indulge after mom dishes up separately for her and her man.

Mom : "You guys are all sleeping here."  Nobody disagrees so the twins go with dad to the main house to get some blankets. Just then we here gunshots outside, 

Mom : "Lay on the floor."  We all do so as she crawls to get her phone and makes a call.

***********
Mom : "Mah where are my kids?"  She asks in a cracky voice.

××××××××××

Mom : "My husband?"

××××××××××

Mom : "Oh my God."

*************
The shooting finally dies down.

Mom : "You all okay? Nobody hurt?"  We all nod. Lando , Ndabe and the boys start crying , I help mom in calming them down. The door bursts open and the twins come in running , mom rushes to hug them and she keeps on checking them if they not injured.

Mom : "where's your father"

Twins : "In the main house."  Mom instructs everyone to go sleep in their bedroom while she stays in the lounge waiting for dad but I wait with her.

Mom : "You okay sthandwa samama?"  She asks pulling me to lay on her chest. Dad finally walks in.

Dad : "Baby you all are okay right?"  Mom nods with tears in her eyes.