Changes

Currently, I'm in my mom's grave.

''So many things have changed, mom. I didn't pursue my studies. I think you knew better. I'm sorry for failing you'', my hands caresses the stone. ''But I am still me. I'm working hard right now. I'm going to save money to live on my own.... One day, I'm going to live the way I am'', I smile at her gravestone.

On the way back to my office, I checked my bank balance using my phone's voice assistance. It's reaching four hundred and fifty thousand. I need fifty thousand more to buy my dream condominium.

Finally....

''Welcome back, Boss'', someone popped the party crackers as soon as I entered my office.

''What's the news?'' I rolled my eyes as I walked forward to my desk.

''We got the new contract with Mars Enterprise'', A told me. I MARKED THEM IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER since I couldn't read their names.

I hired A since he couldn't find any job because he has a criminal record for assaulting. He's 23 years old, and his specialty is doing office works include cleaning. He always wears a cap despite his handsome look.

''Great'', shrugging my shoulder, I sat on my old-age rolling chair.

Someone banged the table, which startled me. Turning my head to the side, I see Q putting the piled-up documents on her table as she starts to type speedily. Her specialty is typing and being invisible.

''Huh... what happened to her?'' I whisper to A.

''She's trying to complete the report by today. She's on leave tomorrow'', A whispered back. We don't dare to disturb her when she's typing.

''Let her be... She's a nerd'', B came beside my table. ''So tell me, boss, do I get the promotion'', she blows her newly-colored nails.

''No hell, B'', I furrowed my brows. ''Last time, you ended up sleeping with our client and ditched him the next day. He canceled our precious contracts''. B likes to flirt around, and men drool over her for her beauty.

B laughed. ''Come on, Boss, You got another deal because of me'', she winked. True indeed, minus her flirting, she's a creative person.

''Yeah, right'', I mumble. ''Where's T?'', I asked. T is my secretary, and he's the most responsible person among us. He's gay, by the way.

''Taylor went to Mars Enterprise to get the contract'', A whistles.

''Without me?'', I stand up, banging the table. ''What he thinks of himself?'', I gritted my teeth.

''You were two hours late'', hearing T's voice, I saw him entering the office. ''Client doesn't wait for two hours'', he rolled his eyes.

''Hurmm'', I sat back on my chair, clearing my throat. ''I forgive you this time'', I muttered exasperatedly.

''Yeah, right'', he smirked.

T is cold, just like my father, but he's different. He has tattoos all over his body and many piercing on his ear, precisely like a thug.

I'm their boss, Jazelle Owen, with my employees, A, B, Q, and T.

''A, read this contract'', I throw a file at him, and he catches it quickly.

''As you said, boss'', he opened the file.

They didn't know that I was having difficulty in reading and writing. I told them that I was lazy and didn't bother about it.

''Boss, we are going for Karaoke. Do you want to follow?'', B asked when I listened to some YouTube videos.

''Nope'', I rejected.

''Jeez... you should know how to have fun'', she sighed.

''Well, I'm going to a club with my friends... and I know how to have fun'', I smiled proudly.

''Speaking of your high-class friends'', B was looking at me with a dazzled look. ''When are you going to introduce me to them. Who knows, I might have a chance to be a modal'', she said happily.

''You have no place there'', I deadpan. ''Go-Go'', I shooed.

''Boss is cruel! Just wait and see... I'm going to be a modal one day'', she smirked.

''Good luck'', I shrugged.

When the clock struck 6 pm, my employees packed their things and left the office after saying 'bye' to me. I wanted to follow them to Karaoke, but I couldn't read faster and didn't want to embarrass myself with them or let them know about my problem.

''Hey Bee read this sentence'', I talked to the automatic voice assistance. Usually, I stayed back and reviewed the reports and statements to avoid errors. I need to do my best.

After much persuasion from my grandpa, dad allowed me to work under his company. But he only provides me with this small space office to run our marketing and creativity department. Although this is under my father's corporation, we run independetly our own to get the contracts from other businesses for marketing and advertisement purposes. Every month, we received some allocation money from Owen & Snyder Enterprise Inc for our expenses. It could only cover the rental fees, and salary for the employees include me. The profits we get from successful contracts will be used for other expenses and maintenance.

That's how I'm running this department

''It's already passed your working time, Ma'am'', someone voiced out. Looking up, I saw my driver, Pedro Watts, at the doorway, crossing his arms.

''I'm a busy person'', I said proudly.

''Roger that ma'am. Now let's go back home before your father kills me'', he teases.

Pedro was appointed as my driver one month ago, and he was friendly with me. No matter how coldly I treat him, he always talks to me cheerfully.

''Are you free this Saturday?'', Pedro asked me while driving.

''Why? You want to bring me for a date?'', I raised my brow.

''Why not?'', his eyes glance at me. I blushed a little. ''Chill...I don't mean in the wrong way. Maybe some fun'', he smiles.

''I'll check my schedule first'', I pretended, showing a smug face although my heart jumped in joy. Pedro is the first person who treated me nicely and made me feel comfortable with him.

With a happy face, I entered my house. My legs stopped when I saw the crowd in the hall, decorated beautifully.

Ok, did I enter the wrong house?

''Look, Jazelle is here'', someone spotted me. I saw Dad shift his sight to me. He stepped towards me angrily.

''Where the hell you went?'', he whispers angrily at me.

''I was working'', I scoffed. ''What's the fuss?''

''It's Sara's birthday'', he gritted his teeth.

''No wonder'', I smirked.

''Dad, It's ok... Jazelle is here now'', Sara was beside him.

''Hello, he's my father, not yours'', I snapped at her. I hate whenever she's calling my father 'dad'.

''Shut up, Jazelle. I told you to make your time today. You are doing this purposely, aren't you?'', dad looked cold.

''You bet'', I replied sarcastically. ''Don't expect me to join this stupid party. Not my birthday though'', saying that I walk forward.

While walking, my eyes spotted Jonas, who was staring at me without expression. It's been one year, I didn't meet him. My heart is still paining thinking about him... that incident.

It's all because of my brother....