Cooking Deal

JAZELLE POV

''This is the amount after selling your jewelry'', the owner gave me the receipt.

''Hurmm... how much is it?'', I asked.

''Overall, it's twenty-one thousand fifty dollars'', he replied. I felt happy that at least the amount was higher than I expected.

I was skipping happily in the street with the money I had in my hand.

''So this is how you arranged the money'', my steps halted, seeing Jonas lying against the wall beside me.

''You stalked me'', I gasped in shock.

''You wish'', he rolled his eyes.

We were walking in the street together, which made me awkward. Why is he walking with me?

''Why do you hate Sara so much?'', he suddenly popped the question. I turned my sight to Jonas. ''She just wants to help you. She cares for you'', he mentioned.

''Can you mind your own business?'', I snapped at him.

''Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot that you are the most selfish person in this world who thinks that only you suffered in this world'', he made sarcastic remarks before leaving to another direction. I sighed.

Why is everything about Sara? Why can't I stop hating her?

''Does anyone has suggestions on promoting our division?'', I asked.

''We cannot spend money on promoting'', B stated.

''I have an idea'', Jonas who seems to be thinking about something, talked. ''We can promote during Vinson's new product's inauguration function...'', he suggested.

''You mean your company's ceremony?'', A asked.

''Yes... we have already done with the promotion. Thanks to Taylor and Quinley. There will be many businessmen and VIPs coming over. So you can promote this division that time'', Jonas added.

''Nice... let's do it then... maybe we can make a video to make it more interesting instead of giving brochures....'', I told them.

While we were discussing our promotion, Jonas was doing some paperwork at his desk.

''What are you doing?'', I asked him curiously.

''It's my company's one'', he replied while concentrating on reviewing the papers.

I forgot that he needs to work on both sides....

We went back home together after working hours. Usually, I stayed back to hear the audio version of reports, but I didn't want him to wait for me. So I decided to work at home.

''I will buy dinner later'', he said as he entered his room.

I walked to the kitchen and took out the ingredients. I tasted every spice to take, whichever I wanted to use. At the office, I did watch a video on making chicken lasagna bolognese. So I remembered how to do it. One of the talents I have is I can remember and learn by watching videos.

After putting the lasagna inside the oven for 20 minutes, I walked to the kitchen counter and took out all the sauces.

''This is soy sauce'', I arrange the third bottle on the counter. It has light black.

''What are you doing?'', I heard Jonas's voice when I tasted an unknown sauce. I couldn't identify the name of this sauce.

''Huh... what?'', I asked him back since I was too deep in my thoughts on this one specific sauce.

''What are you doing?'', he raised his brow.

''Just tasting the sauces'', I said as I put back the sauce bottle in the closet. The oven dinged. I took out the lasagna from the oven and put it on the counter.

''I've made the dinner... you can have it'', I told him.

''You no need to do this'', he stated.

''At least I can do this for staying here'', I told him, removing my apron. ''I will pay you the rental at this month-end.''

''Well, if you continue to cook for me, then I can minus the rent'', he shrugs.

''Really?'', I asked him happily. He nodded. ''Yes, I can save money then.''

Jonas was gone by the time I came out of my room after taking a bath. But I'm glad that he ate the lasagna.

Jonas's father invited me to his company regarding the advertisement. I nearly had a heart attack hearing the news since I thought we had made a mistake. Taylor, Jonas, and I went to meet him at his company. Olivia joined us there.

''Jazelle,  trust me, I'm delighted with you and your teammates' work. We liked it so much'', his words made me jump higher inwardly.

''Glad to hear it, Uncle'', I replied professionally.

Hell yeah, I'm the boss anyway....hehehe...

''This is the payment'', he lends me a cheque. ''I'm going to make a deal with you for all our future projects. I recommended you for two of my client's projects. They will reach out to you soon'', he promised.

''Oh my God, thank you sooo much'', I jumped happily. Realizing I was exaggerating, I laughed shyly. ''I mean, thank you, uncle. We will do our best.''

I want to slap myself....

It has been a hectic day for all of us. Thanks to Jonas's father, we received a few advertisement projects. Same goes for Jonas. He was busy handling his own company's projects and guiding us simultaneously.

As usual in the morning, I prepared potato pancakes. While waiting for Jonas, I tried to taste the unknown sauce that I couldn't name.

''Hmm... what is this sauce?'', I looked at the name, but the words went sideways. ''Arrghh.. I'm so stupid'', I scolded myself.

''What are you doing with the cram sauce?'', Jonas's voice startled me. Quickly I put back the sauce in the closet.

''Wait, cram sauce?'', I asked him.

''Yes'', he takes a seat. ''You don't know?'', he raised his brow.

''O....Of course, I know'', I stomped my feet. ''I mean, I never know there is a sauce like this'', I lied.

''Clam sauce is a topping for pasta. Usually featuring minced clams, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice or white wine, and parsley.'', he explained.

''Oh... no wonder'', I nodded. ''I've decided. Since you like clams, I'm going to do Pasta With White Clam Sauce this weekend'', I told him.

''How you know I like clams?'', his question choked me. I coughed; grabbing the water, I gulped down and stood up.

''L...let's go.. It's already late.'', quickly I walked out.

Damn, how embarrassing... 

**************************