Confession

JAZELLE POV

Since I mentioned the divorce, Jonas avoided me. Damn him. Isn't that what he wants all along? He woke up early and went to work and came home late. He worked his ass off in my office but he avoided me.

I wonder whether this is about Dylan. Shit, how can I forget it? I told him that I was the one who asked Dylan to deceive him to marry me at that time. I said it's my fault.

''What should I do if I make someone angry?'', I asked Dylan, who is busy eating the chicken porridge.

''You always make someone angry. I'm sure they will get used to it by now'', he mocked.

''Next time, I won't bring you any food'', saying that, I snatched the bowl from his hand.

''Jazelle, my dear si...'', before he says more, I throw a pillow at his face.

''I'm leaving'', I said exasperatedly.

''Is she still outside?'', Dylan asked seeing the window which was closed by the curtain.

''You didn't let anyone meet you anyway. What choice does she have?'', I raised my brow.

''I just... don't want her to sympathize me'', his expression looked down.

''You need to stop running away. That's all'', saying that, I walked out of his room. It's been one week, he's been admitted to the hospital and recovering fast but he didn't let anyone visit him except me and Dad.

I heard Riley barge inside his room and scold him for avoiding everyone. I guess Riley has his own way to deal with Dylan. However for Jonas... once he heard Dylan is fine, he mind his business.

I barged inside Olivia's office room. She was typing something on her laptop and started seeing me.

''Tell me something. What will you do if you make someone angry?'', I asked Olivia.

''What?'', she raised her brow.

''Tell me. I have no time'', I insisted.

''Hmm... let me think. If it's someone special to me, maybe I try to give them a gift or do something that makes them happy'', she replied.

''Okay, thank you'', I ran out of her office, ignoring her calling for me.

I came to her office to ask about this and I got the answer. My eyes spotted Jonas who is walking towards the elevator while looking at a file.

''Jonas'', I called him in a high-pitched tone. He turns back. ''Are you free this evening?'', I asked him.

''Why?'', his expression darkens.

''Why are you giving me this kind of reaction?'', I gave him a weird look. ''Come back home early. I got something for you'', I requested as I entered the elevator. ''Bye, I look forward to meeting you'', I waved my hand.

In the evening, while humming I was cutting the ingredients and proceeded on making the clam pasta with some side dishes. After decorating the dining hall and place of the meals, I take a quick bath and put on a knee-length floral dress.

But Jonas didn't come back even though it was past dinner time. I'm starving but I decided to wait for Jonas. Maybe he has some urgent work to do. I fell asleep on the couch.

I woke up when I heard some noises. I saw Jonas who was walking unsteadily. Before he fell, I grabbed him.

''Jonas'', I supported him.

''Let me go'', he pushed me away.

''You are drunk?'', I frowned.

''Wow... smart. You found out'', he claps his hands in a mocking way.

''I asked you to come back home early'', I told him in an upset tone.

''Why should I?'', he smirked. ''You are going to leave this house anyway'', he stated. ''By the way, why are you still here? To cook for me? Or you were just using me for money? You are a gold-digger!'', he pointed out.

''You know what? You are drunk. Go back to your room'', I said flatly as I walked to my room but he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall behind me.

''I hate you'', he said as he locked his eyes with me. His words hurt me. 

Suddenly he fell on me. ''I hate you'', he mumbled, which made me sad.

I brought him to Jonas's room and put him to sleep.

I cannot think too much. He's drunk. Maybe he has issues at his work...

In the morning, when I was preparing for breakfast, I saw Jonas who was walking in the hallway while adjusting his tie. He walked to the kitchen, took out orange juice, and poured it into his glass.

''Why you didn't back home early?'', I asked.

Jonas didn't answer me but he drank his juice.

''I'm asking you'', I raised my voice.

''Why should I listen to you?'', he looked cold. ''I don't have time for you and your stupid things. Just leave me alone'', he said as he left without saying anything to me.

I balled my hands, feeling frustrated. So he meant what he said yesterday. He hates me.

No, this is not happening... If I let this go now, I would never get a chance.

Rushing out from my house, I saw the elevator slides closed. Using the emergency stairs, I walked, no, almost running down to the fifth floor of the parking lot.

When Jonas was about to open his car door, I grabbed his arm and turned him back. Thank God, I made it.

''I cannot leave you alone'', I said; panting.

''What are...'', before he says something, I cupped his face and connected my lips to him. He looked shocked and I feel his body stiffen with my action.

Hell freeze!

''Y...You talked a lot. So this is two minus one, equals to one'', I said in a trembling voice. ''I...'', I close my eyes and fisted my hands at the sides of me. ''I want to be your friend'', I almost shouted; my voice echoed the place but I didn't care.

''I know you are angry with me because I admitted that it was all my fault. I know I ruined your life, Sara's life... I know you hate me like you said yesterday. I know...'', holding my tears, I looked up to him. ''But I want to be your friend. I want us to divorce so that no one will....'', I paused. ''No one will always talk about how I tricked you into this marriage. I don't want people to keep saying that'', a single tear teardrop falling from my eyes no matter how much I try to hold it.

''You are someone special to me. After my mother, only you noticed everything about me. So, you are very very special to me. I want to be your friend, I want us to be housemates...'', I stated. ''I will pay you the rental but I won't leave your house. Even if you marry someone else but I won't give up my room to anyone because.... Because you are my FRIEND!!'', I pressed the last word.

''T...That's all... and Look there'', I pointed behind him.

When he turned back to see the direction, I quickly ran out from him.

Holy crap, what have I've done?

''Boss, what happened? You looked anxious'', A asked me; probably seeing me biting my nails thinking about my confrontation with Jonas.

''Don't talk to me... I'm in deep meditation'', I dismissed him.

What if Jonas still hates me after that? 

Damn, this is Dylan's fault. If only, I didn't take all the blame... Stupid Dylan!

**********************

Well, Well, Well.... Seems like Jazelle cleared the doubt!

Stay tuned....

By the way, the next chapter will be Dylan's POV ;)