Anger

NO POV

Dylan walked to Richard's study room and found him looking at a photo.

''Dad'', he called him. Richard looked up and saw him. ''Can I come in?'', he asked. Richard nodded. Dylan sat on the chair opposite Richard. ''Tell me the truth, dad... please, I want to know'', he requested.

''It's Alana's last wish'', Richard said. ''After her death, I found a letter in my drawer. Alana was the one who wrote it. She said she went to meet Diana, Sara's mother, and realized Diana is a wonderful woman. And she asked me to marry her and live happily with her'', he stated. ''She said she has faith in Diana that she will take good care of you both. So she asked me to take care of Diana's daughter as my own'', he explained.

''I admit that when I married Alana, I wasn't able to accept her. But... I fell in love with her without realizing it. She hides the fact that she's dying and asks me to look for Diana. Although I was able to meet her, we couldn't proceed with our relationship. Diana realized my love for Alana and said what happened between us was all in the past. So we decided to move on with our life'', Richard explained.

''That's when you started to spend time with us'', Dylan asked and Richard nodded.

''But it was too late... Alana's condition worsened. She died in my arms'', Richard's expression changed. ''I wished I knew earlier...''

''Dad'', Dylan looks sad.

''When I received Alana's letter, I went to meet Diana. It seems like Alana went to meet Diana before she was admitted to the hospital and they befriended her without knowing each other. When I told Diana about Alana, she was shocked. However, we couldn't bring ourselves marry or live happily. So Diana and I decided to not pursue each other. To respect Alana's last wish, Diana gave me her daughter and asked me to raise Sara as my own. We had no regrets'', Richard explained.

''Why you didn't tell Jazelle the truth?'', Dylan asked.

''She's not in the state of mind to listen to me'', Richard replied.

''But Jazelle deserves to know, dad. She always felt that you hated her. She wants your love'', Dylan stated.

''If she wants to know the truth, she will come to me. If she trusted me, she wouldn't simply accuse me. I will wait for her'', Richard replied sternly.

''Dad, you never trusted Jazelle as well'', Richard looked taken aback by Dylan's words. ''Maybe if you treated her the same way you treated Sara, she would have trusted you right now. I'm not saying you are a bad father for us... but for Jazelle, she always feels insecure since she knows that you never loved our mom'', he stated.

''In some way, both of you are stubborn. Like father like daughter'', Dylan smiles.

Sara, who was listening to their conversation from outside, smiles hearing Dylan's words.

A few days passed. When Jazelle was working in her office, Dylan came to meet her.

''We need to talk'', he mentioned.

''About what?'', Jazelle raised her brow.

''About dad'', Dylan replied. ''You made a mistake about him, Jaze. He told me everything. Actually...''

''Get out'', Jazelle said seriously.

''Shit, the boss is really angry'', B whispers to A. T glances at Jazelle whereas Q looks sad.

''Jazelle, listen...'', Jazelle throws her favorite snowball globe which was on the table and it broke into pieces.

''I said get out!'', she raised her voice.